Stroke reprieve

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cdiver2

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
About three weeks ago I woke up 6am and could not move my left arm, 9am Dr office with a little movement in my arm and was told to go to emergency NOW, 10:30 emergencey room no messing about front of the line. After what seemed like a hundred tests they told me the MRI showed a stroke and I was admitted.

I then had to call Diverision travel in OZ and put my trip to PNG and Osprey reef on hold.
After three days I discharged myself, I had no confidence in what the neurologest was telling me.

Monday called DAN and asked for a neyrologest name and was given one in Melbourn Fl a three hour drive one way but I made a appointment and went to see him with my MRI and catscan images and reports.
He was not of the opinion that I did have a stroke and sent me for another MRI on the neck, back to Largo Fl for this. The results were faxed to him that day, BINGO a badley burst disk at the fourth vertebra.

He seems to think I was puting pressure on a nerve while asleep but the good news was I can dive, called Oz again and told them its on again :D I have to go see him next week with the MRI images but Im going to OZ Thanks DAN

It's strange to think of a badly burst vertebra disk as a happy ending, but in this case it is. Congrats on having the courage to reconsider your medical options, and enjoy the trip!

P.S. Originally I thought this thread was about misplaced name-calling. :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom