DIY Adjustable harnesses

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

609shadow

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I am very excited about my custom adjustable harness with #subgravity quick releases. Aspects of the design came from the Subgravity & #Diverite deluxe adjustable harness. Now for some pool dives to play with the design and see how it holds up. Has anyone else attempted to make their own harnesses with color? Or is it just the basic black for you? I performed the Box X stitch at the maker-space close to me on their industrial sewing machine. If I make up another one of these to send to a off site tester. Does anyone have a company they recommend?

Attachments

• IMG_6991.JPG
    IMG_6991.JPG
    132.8 KB · Views: 136
  • IMG_6992.JPG
    IMG_6992.JPG
    196.2 KB · Views: 135
  • IMG_6994.JPG
    IMG_6994.JPG
    139.4 KB · Views: 135
Awesome! I decided to make my own custom sidemount harness last year, I designed the plates in cad myself and sent them to a friend of mine who runs a water jet company, so he cut them out of some scratched up scraps of stainless he had lying around for free, I painted them up to hide all the scratches, added on some nice red webbing and tah dah! I call it the Diamond Back!
20221018_230125.jpg
20221018_230132.jpg

Awesome! I decided to make my own custom sidemount harness last year, I designed the plates in cad myself and sent them to a friend of mine who runs a water jet company, so he cut them out of some scratched up scraps of stainless he had lying around for free, I painted them up to hide all the scratches, added on some nice red webbing and tah dah! I call it the Diamond Back!View attachment 809527View attachment 809528
HA! I spotted those plates on thingiverse. Or ones like them... Sidemount backplates (lumbar and dorsal) by siberx
A question that I had is what wing / bladder are folks using with those harnesses?
Still, this design is pretty sweet. I have the file ready to print once I know how much a bladder is gonna run me.

Pretty sweet rig any way one looks at it.

HA! I spotted those plates on thingiverse. Or ones like them... Sidemount backplates (lumbar and dorsal) by siberx
A question that I had is what wing / bladder are folks using with those harnesses?
Still, this design is pretty sweet. I have the file ready to print once I know how much a bladder is gonna run me.

Pretty sweet rig any way one looks at it.

Oh wow! They're not my plates but they look almost identical!!
Currently I'm using an XDeep Stealth I borrowed from my dad as he doesn't use his old XDeep harness much anymore, but I'm looking at maybe buying a Razor wing as I like the idea of the built in redundant secondary bladder, should give me a little extra peace of mind when cave or wreck diving.
One thing I do need to change is the webbing, the one I currently use is too thin and loose, things tend to move around and slide too easily...

Oh wow! They're not my plates but they look almost identical!!
Currently I'm using an XDeep Stealth I borrowed from my dad as he doesn't use his old XDeep harness much anymore, but I'm looking at maybe buying a Razor wing as I like the idea of the built in redundant secondary bladder, should give me a little extra peace of mind when cave or wreck diving.
One thing I do need to change is the webbing, the one I currently use is too thin and loose, things tend to move around and slide too easily...
Cool, Thanks for sharing. Interesting, I suppose that shape is popular for harnesses. Although I like the coffin outline that you have on yours better. :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom