Strobe options for A620?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

According to that strobe comparison tool (and based on pictures I've seen) the D2000 (not S) does in fact have a built-in target light, fwiw.

jds

Storm:
The D2000 and D2000S are good strobes, but neither have targeting/modeling lights, so they didn't make my short list.

I have never used my target light on the 240 :wink: This is definitely a feature to think about, but might not be a deal killer for everyone. I wish my 240 didn't have the dumb thing, actually.

bureau13:
According to that strobe comparison tool (and based on pictures I've seen) the D2000 (not S) does in fact have a built-in target light, fwiw.

jds

You're quite correct, I mis-spoke er typed. The main reason the "D2000" series lost out in my personal evaluation is I'm pretty sure that I'll be heading down the DSLR road in a few years and TTL is going to be perfered, But again you are correct the D-2000 does have a targeting light.

alcina:
I have never used my target light on the 240 :wink: This is definitely a feature to think about, but might not be a deal killer for everyone. I wish my 240 didn't have the dumb thing, actually.

If it wasn't for all the green and murk where I dive regularly, the modeling/targeting light would not be a deal breaker, bit alas, I dive a lot in the Great Lakes and in the St. Lawrence so the modeling light really comes in handy.

Now if I was as lucky as some folks, you know the ones get to dive in that clear blue stuff, I might have opted for a strobe without a targeting light.

Anyway, the jist of my post was to make sure that when looking into camera acessories like strobes, it might better serve the purchaser to go up a bit to allow for future expansion.

Back
Top Bottom