stretching halcyon spring straps

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubajohn921

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
hi all, anyone have any advice on how to loosen or stretch a set ofhalcyon spring straps that are slightly too tight, they are medium, large are too big, a little bit of a stretch and theyd be perfect, any ideas?

I think it might be better to cut down the ones that are too big rather than stretch out the ones that are too small. Or... make your own. Or... buy another brand.

I agree with Stephen. I put mine under tension for days with no apparent success.

Ended up going with another mfg (Manta I think) on a new pair of Jets which fit perfectly with my thicker booty. My old jets with my Halcyon springs fit with my lighter booties.

Try different spring straps.

What they said. I make them. You don't want to "spring" a pair. Better to get them too big & cut them down to fit. If you don't want to do that, make a set from scratch or have a set made to fit you, or try a different brand.

We have a couple pairs of springs straps that are too short. You say you make yours. I believe I can do the same. Where can we get the spring material to replace the springs with longer ones? thanks

Wow. They sell about 10000 different springs!

How about two more clues? When you make your straps, what amount of stretch do you shoot for and what spring constant do you prefer? I'll see if I can figure out the spring constant on our current springs...

Thanks for the helpful info.

bgi:
Wow. They sell about 10000 different springs!

How about two more clues? When you make your straps, what amount of stretch do you shoot for and what spring constant do you prefer? I'll see if I can figure out the spring constant on our current springs...

Thanks for the helpful info.

I settled on the 9665K23. They're not as stiff as the existing springs (which is good).

Amazingly enough. I ordered them today at 11:00. They were delivered to my house at 7:30 PM SAME DAY!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom