Stretching a wetsuit? (with pic)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

*Floater*:
It took my girlfriend about 20-30 min to get it on each time with some help from me, but that's not too bad.

That's wrong, just plain wrong by over 10X.

But if she can reach her valves and breathes OK give the lass a gold star for tenacity.

Pete

Just sprinkle on some baby powder first. It works for me.:wink:

get a lycra/nylon skin

"Aaaarrrrrghhh! Who among us floated the air mead?"

Okay, so here's the pic for those who were curious:
stretchingawetsuit.jpg

My original question was only whether doing this was okay for the wetsuit, but it doesn't matter anymore and the thread took a different turn anyway.

if she likes the suit so much (though I can't imagine why with all that trouble!) maybe you could get zippers added.

Damselfish:
if she likes the suit so much (though I can't imagine why with all that trouble!) maybe you could get zippers added.

Thanks for the suggestion. That's certainly one option she has. My personal belief is that the suit will be fine once it breaks in.

*Floater*:
Thanks for the suggestion. That's certainly one option she has. My personal belief is that the suit will be fine once it breaks in.

We (wiht my gf) have been through this already..... We have tried the plactic bag and baby shampoo, but just get the skin or 0.5~1mm microprene (full jumpsuit). It is much easier than anything else...

put the suit on ebay and buy a Henderson Hyperstretch.

I am used to dive in a wetsuit with bare neoprene inside...
There is no way to get in dry.
Two methods are used : Baby shampoo od baby powder
I never used the plastic bag technic but some of my buddies do in complement.
Hope that help

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom