stream2sea mask defog review

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I received my free sample from S2S this week. Did four dives, two yesterday and two today. First two in the pool with a class - water temp 89F. Two in the Shark River Inlet, NJ - water temp 73F. Used baby shampoo in left lens - Stream2sea in right lens. I did umpteen mask removals in the pool and at least four in the ocean.

Method: As per manufacturer's instructions, I placed a very small amount of S2S in the right lens and mooshed it around. I sprayed my usual BS (30% BS - 70% H2O) in the left. Rinsed with dive water immediately prior to each dive. I did not re-apply either after both first dives.

Results: Stream2sea had absolutely no fogging issues whatsoever. Remained clear no matter what I did with my mask. BS had minor fogging in both the pool and ocean especially after mask flooding. (Small patches of fogging). My mask was perfectly clear in right lens for four dives. I have to say that I was initially skeptical but no more. Unlike 500psi or SeaGold, one bottle of this stuff (2fl oz) will last a long time. You use much less product and it's much easier to apply. The clear plastic bottle is also a nice touch and lets you see how much is left in the bottle unlike the first two.

I was not compensated in any way nor am I associated with @Stream2Sea . I will definitely recommend to students and that's the highest recommendation I can give. @lowviz take note!
So happy to hear how well it performed! Thanks so much for sharing!! Safe, happy, and fog-free diving to all!

I just wanted to give another positive review for @Stream2Sea defog. This stuff is AMAZING! I've been diving almost 30 years and have tried every kind of defog out there from my own spit to homemade recipes to other commercially available products. This stuff is 10x better. I have ZERO fogging, even after flooding my mask. Plus, like @tridacna said, you only need a tiny drop in each lens, so the bottle will last a long time.

Thanks, S2S for making a product that's not only reef-safe, but also incredibly effective.

I just wanted to give another positive review for @Stream2Sea defog. This stuff is AMAZING! I've been diving almost 30 years and have tried every kind of defog out there from my own spit to homemade recipes to other commercially available products. This stuff is 10x better. I have ZERO fogging, even after flooding my mask. Plus, like @tridacna said, you only need a tiny drop in each lens, so the bottle will last a long time.

Thanks, S2S for making a product that's not only reef-safe, but also incredibly effective.
Thanks so much for sharing! Reviews like these truly make my day :)

@tridacna - do you still dive that Scubapro uber foggy mask? I'm just curious how it would work on that one. I dive the ScubaPro Synergy II mask and a mini meg Pathfinder CCR. Until I developed our defog, I think I was probably the world's foggiest diver. Didn't matter the mask, the toothpaste, the flames... By the end of a long dive, I fogged. I am obviously a bit biased, but also really happy to not have to look through a foggy mask anymore :) - Autumn

Thanks so much for sharing! Reviews like these truly make my day :)

@tridacna - do you still dive that Scubapro uber foggy mask? I'm just curious how it would work on that one. I dive the ScubaPro Synergy II mask and a mini meg Pathfinder CCR. Until I developed our defog, I think I was probably the world's foggiest diver. Didn't matter the mask, the toothpaste, the flames... By the end of a long dive, I fogged. I am obviously a bit biased, but also really happy to not have to look through a foggy mask anymore :) - Autumn

Yes. Still diving that mask. No issues. And >100 dives on the same bottle. And I've defogged other people's masks. Have not heard a single complaint yet. Stuff is excellent.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom