Strawberry conditions, anyone?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rollerboi

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I haven't been diving since my son was born, and my wife hasn't been in even longer. Can anyone tell me what conditions are like up at Strawberry? I'd like to take my wife up there if possible, Rick and I had the most *beautiful* dive in the kelp last year that still haunts me to this day. Be sure to tell me which beach/part of strawberry you dove, it's a big reservoir.

I'm mainly wondering what the temperatures are about now. I may end up just driving down to Meadow, since it's warm-water diving for her. I want her to be comfortable, and we both need to get wet. :)

Not sure what the exact temps are but I believe they fall between cold and Holy ****E ITS E'FFN FREEZIN!
OK that made me laugh.

Nobody I know has the exact temp but I did find a site that estimated last week a temp of 70 degrees. Use that or goons, both are wag's

*laughing* Ahh, it's fine to dive with a wetsuit! (Granted, I dive a 7mm Bare Arctic..)

Meadow it is, unless anyone knows of any other nice thermal vent diving besides the Crater within decent driving distance of Pleasant Grove? Sand Hollow is out, since that's way too far and way too long to leave my son with a babysitter. :)

I was at Strawberry yesterday and water temps on the surface were between 56 and 60 degrees. I checked the meadows, mac bay, chickencreek east and west, mosquioto bayand a few places in between. I don't know what the temps were underwater because I'M NOT EFFIN NUTS! PS, the fishing was not very good either. Consider the crater where water temps are 93 degrees and the vis, while mediocre is better than the 5 feet at strawberry. Or wait a couple weeks and try Lake Powell where the water will be decently warm. Enjoy:D Oh, a final thought. 99% of the boats on strawberry are dragging lures with hooks on them and since they are in Utah about the same % have no idea what a dive flag means. They will probably assume it is a marker left by another fisherman where there are lots of big fish. Good luck, you will need it!

You could hit blue lake, it'll be plenty warm, is relatively close, and you can get some real liquor while you're there.

Josh, I just thought of a place you may try that is real close and you could check it out one night as a date with the wifey before you dive it. Have you ever looked at the Spanish Fork reservoir? I heard of a few people diving it but I haven't heard what it's like.
If it's just to get wet you could take the babysitter and have a picnic with the youngun.
Just a thought.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom