Strange Thread Loading

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Please toss your cookies (delete history) and check to see if the problem persists. Thanks.

That was the first thing I did. Can you think of another site that uses vBulletin that I can try to see if it can be duplicated? I know my video configuration is uncommon.

Here's another vBulletin site I use:

forum.xda-developers.com

There isn't much information to go on here, but somehow, I will create a support ticket with vBulletin and see if they have any ideas.

I got access to a 1920 x 1080 Screen size and had no issues with that either.

Have you tried another browser?

Here's another vBulletin site I use:

forum.xda-developers.com…

I could not reproduce the problem on this site. :(

…There isn't much information to go on here, but somehow, I will create a support ticket with vBulletin and see if they have any ideas.

I got access to a 1920 x 1080 Screen size and had no issues with that either. …

I just recalled another setting that may have an impact.

Display Properties (right click the desktop)
Settings Tab
Advanced Button

General Tab in Advanced Dialog
DPI Setting dialog
Large size (120 DPI)

tmp.jpg

The other, perhaps related, issue is this site is extremely compute intensive. I primarily run CAD on this system with great response. I often go to new or subscribed posts and open 3-5 Scubaboard threads in different IE tabs. It eats 100% of the compute cycles for 15-20 seconds. My impression is threads with posted images take longer than text only.

It is as though the Java program gets stuck in a loop. I usually try to do something else in word processing during the wait but it even bogs MS Word down.

tmp1.jpg

…Have you tried another browser?

Just IE 8

I appreciate the effort to such an obscure issue. Thanks.

Last edited:
Why don't you try another browser?

That would really help things.

Jump.jpgI tossed cookies and it still occurs...

I know you guys don't believe a problem exists without a screenshot, so....

It's not about believing... It's about having anything to go on.

I CAN NOT duplicate the problem, thus a screen shot really helps. It appears that a small handful of people have an issue with extremely high resolution screens and Internet Explorer...

In other words... If you don't HELP ME to HELP YOU, I can't help you.

At this point... Unless someone tries another browser OTHER THAN IE... There's nothing else for me to do here.

Its a work computer, I can't have another browswer other than the IE already on it.

It was all fine before the upgrade.

Ok... So you only have this problem on one computer... Not others... I can't reproduce the issue...

It's your work computer, and you are completely unable to use another browser...

It is most likely a browser issue. Some kind of plug in for browser that you and the small handful of people here who seem to have this mysterious problem.

Without your participation in this troubleshooting (other than making comments about the upgrade, which was 6 months ago, and you've already posted several times how you're unhappy with it...) Then I can't fix it for you. Sorry.

As far as I can see the problem is with yours (and the other's) browser, and not with ScubaBoard.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom