Strange Thread Loading

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Akimbo

Just a diver
Staff member
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
This symptom has reappeared after this weekend’s modifications. Nearly all threads load with about 10% of the page’s right edge showing to the left if the window. The horizontal scroll bar is at the hard left, but when I move the scroll bar to the right and then back the normal window shows. It only happens on threads, not main pages or listings of posts.

I am using WinXP Pro and IE8. Most windows are at a 150% zoom level.

It's because you're zoomed in. Try zooming to 100% and see if that solves the problem.

None of the modifications we made were related to that.

An easy way to zoom (almost too easy) is to hold the Ctrl key and roll your mouse wheel. Its the usual explanation for odd views.

what is the display resolution?

I don't see how it would cause a scroll bar. The images are restricted to like 600 px wide.

Can you post a screen grab?

Here is this thread when opened in a new tab. Same thing when opening in a new window. The image initially comes up at the top of the thread properly scrolled horizontally but jumps to mostly gray space as loading progresses. It also happens when IE is maximized to full screen on the primary monitor.

Note that it does not happen on new threads with one post. It occasionally happened when the major upgrade was done, went away for months, and returned after this weekend’s work.

Attachments

• tmp3.jpg
    tmp3.jpg
    17.5 KB · Views: 88
Again... All that was done this weekend was updating our search indexer and some minor database tweaks to improve performance. There were no changes made to the core software at all.

Honestly... There must be a setting on your system. Unless someone else reports this problem. I can't duplicate it using IE8 on Windows 7, Vista, or XP (and IE7) But I also don't have a screen resolution wider than 1440. If anyone else can duplicate this problem, then I would be inclined to look further into our source code... but I can't really fix something that isn't able to be duplicated. You know what I mean.

Sorry.

I still have this issue as well. It happened to me initially after the last major forum change. Its still happening.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom