Straits this weekend?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mitten Diver

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
I would love to dive in the straits this weekend. Maybe aboard a little 6 pack or something. Could I just drive up and catch a charter? It would be my first trip up there. Be nice if I could get a couple of buddies to go also. I could meet you around the Flint area.

Just take yer snorkel and shore dive! there is nothing deep there anyhow...

Straits of Mackinac??? Perhaps this was an inside joke between you and the OP because I see wrecks that range from 40'-140' (Straits Scuba).......I would love to dive some of the wrecks there. They look to be in incredible shape.

I would love to dive in the straits this weekend. Maybe aboard a little 6 pack or something. Could I just drive up and catch a charter? It would be my first trip up there. Be nice if I could get a couple of buddies to go also. I could meet you around the Flint area.

Hey Mitten; I'll meet you in Flint around noon on Fri. and we'll head up about 1:00. We can dive Sat. and Sun. Do you think anyone else would want to join us? I hope we can get on a little 6 pack boat; You think we should call ahead?

I'll go too.... But if its only 40' to 140' Im only going to bring snorkeling equipment as T.Bix recommended. Dives that shallow just don't require all that gear.

Maybe for safety I'll take along a pony bottle (not sure if I should sling it or back mount it) or one of my spare airs. Think it would be ok to wear my spare are on my weight belt? :D

I'll go too.... But if its only 40' to 140' Im only going to bring snorkeling equipment as T.Bix recommended. Dives that shallow just don't require all that gear.

Maybe for safety I'll take along a pony bottle (not sure if I should sling it or back mount it) or one of my spare airs. Think it would be ok to wear my spare are on my weight belt? :D

Hey, that reminds me: I wonder if I have enough CERTIFICATIONS to dive the Straits? After all, I'm not Deep/Advanced Nitrox/Deco/Trimix/Drysuit/Wreck diving/UW video/Overhead environment/Pee valve/Master/Instructor certified. You think I should even bother to join you guys. Maybe I'll just stay home and snorkel my pond.

At your age it might be the safest option. Do dive ops offer AARP discounts or do they compensate with discounted coffee and bran muffins to help keep things regular?

Wiz would you be snorkeling at home in the pond alone with no certification???? YOUR GONNA DIE MAN! Sorry didn't mean to shout at everyone just wanted grampa Wiz to hear what I was saying.

This wreck diving flaunting needs to stop before someone gets hurt feelings!:dork2::dork2::dork2:
DAMB IT Now I have to go cry!:depressed:
Dive safe all and have fun, take lots of video and pics!
I will make it up there next year.:mooner:

CamG Keep Diving....Keep Training....Keep Learning!

Wiz would you be snorkeling at home in the pond alone with no certification???? YOUR GONNA DIE MAN! Sorry didn't mean to shout at everyone just wanted grampa Wiz to hear what I was saying.

Crap!!! You're right, I never got my SOLO CERTIFICATION SNORKELING CARD; I'm illegal again!

PS---Mitten, your next post makes 1000; don't waste it on me.

Back
Top Bottom