storms

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DIVER_11

Contributor
Reaction score
first i would like to say best of luck to all in florida these storms are rough. ive been lucky so far were in clewiston so we didn't get hit head on i work on the power in my town so we have worked 16 to 18 hour days in francis and charley.

so i'm beat and my ow class is starting in two weeks hope this next storm dies out with out hitting anyone
wish the best to all.

p.s. if your out of power try to be nice to the power guys
there working hard with out seeing there family much and some are from out of state so they don't see them at all.
and some of them go home to no electricity after working them long days just to start over again so remember be nice
i can tell you first hand it don't make you fell good to spend that many hours a day trying to fix someones lite just to have them cuss you out for it taking to long.

i guess that part could go in the wine & cheese
thanks for hearing me have fun and be safe.

thanks for your help and keep up the good work. i have been one of the lucky ones that have not lost power in eather storm and want to keep it that way.its guys like you with your dedication to your job that keep the rest of us up and running.

thanks
brian

Diver_11,
Please pass on to your co-workers that we do appreciate the work the power folks are doing. It's a mess here in Brevard County, and I know they're working as hard and as fast as they can. I get real irritated listening to the whiners call into the radio station complaining about the lack of power, their neighbor having power, and seeing a power truck taking a break. It's only a few people who are making a lot of noise.
I've been out of power since Saturday morning. What benefit did I get out of this? Well... I've learned how my generator works... (my on/off switch failed, and I found out how sensitive the low oil sensor is).... plus.. the most important thing... my family has gotten closer... no tv to watch... board games have become popular... and now I know how low my battery on my laptop can get.

Al

I also want to say good Job FPL for doing a great job during these difficult times out there.

For the people complaing about your cell phones not working or constantly busy, our networks are being jammed up as well and waiting for FPL or Bellsouth to get out and fix our main lines to the cell towers. as of this week for Nextel and T-mobile there is well over 200 sites still with no power or some running on generators in northern Broward all the way to Sabastion.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom