Storm cases

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mbb97fxdwg

Reaction score
Hi Guys,
Looking to get a hard roller case for all my dive gear. i need a hard roller that holds bcd, reg/octo/comp, mask,fins, neporene etc. No tank!!. I want it for domestic and international air travel with no extra size/wgt charge. Pelican or Hardigg? I need it big enough but not Huge. preferably $200 or less. Any thoughts? Thx. Mike B.

you probobly will not be able to get one of those huge cases for under $200 but I may be wrong. I perfer the storm cases over the pelican cases, the storm cases have a better locking clips and a better handle.

JUMBO

Storm cases also run a little lighter in weight than pelicans.

Worth noting that the weight alone on some of the Pelican cases puts you well toward the 50# domestic limit now imposed by airlines. Especially on the larger cases, you can easily run out of weight capacity before volume capacity.

Considering weight limits on airlines, you might also want to look at a hard sided samsonite which is what a lot of the flight crews use. They are much lighter than the pelican or storm cases.

Jasonmh:
Try:
http://www.cases4less.com
They have really good prices on the storm and pelican cases.

Great site Jasonmh, the prices compare with those found on ebay.

I got lucky and founded a new Pelican 1620 w/o foam NIB at ebay for $100.00 + $24.00 S/H, what a deal!

I'm happy with this case, but it's true that it weights a bit, but warranty and customer service is outstanding, a friend of mine broke a latch on his 1610 a few yrs back and just call them and they sended 2 with the SS pins without asking for proof of purchase or anything, just sended the stuff right away.

I've been using mine for a few months now and I'm very happy with it, I'm looking for one of the 1490cc1 for my laptop and a 1660 for my camping gear.

Any case may do the trick, but be sure that you pick up something with wheels, the main reason I gave vacation to my akona bag was 'cause I got tired of hauling my gear on my back, now I just pull it to the boat or to my truck.

A few weeks back I saw at Kmart a case that resembled a pelican on the outside, but was very thinwalled and only had 2 latches in the front and selled for $20.00, I was tempted to get a couple to organize a bit my toy room.

Mandy3206:
Great site Jasonmh, the prices compare with those found on ebay.

I also endorse Cases4Less; I've done business with a number of conventional and web/outlet case suppliers, and Cases4Less did well for me, going out of their way to sell me an SKB that they don't even normally stock.

(BTW, Pelican seems to have about 90% mindshare in this business, with Storm the other 10% -- I have to also put a vote in for SKB. This is one of the better cases I've worked with; fully a match for any of the others. Very nice latches.)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom