Storing wetsuits

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I use regular hangers and put foam tubes over them, the kind you use to insulate water pipes. By the reply of others it sounds like it's probably overkill but it's cheap and it works.

If my LDS would like to sell me a suit (wet or dry) they better make sure I have a way to hang it up. A hanger is part of the LDS service just like buying a jacket in a store so the sale is DOA if no hanger is in the bag. I will not pay $20.00 for regular extrued plastic. If the LDSs would like to force the issue then it will become time to visit LP.

I have a couple of the inflatable hangars, I don't know that they'd be good for long term storage, but they're good for traveling. Handy way to hang a light wetsuit to dry when your hotel has few hangers or the annoying ones you can't get out of the closet. They hold a 1mm fine, they'd probably hold a 3 ok. Also good for drying tshirts and other clothes.

DS tank wipe:
Hang em high :eyebrow: but seriously the best way to hang them is on the nice thick hanger UK makes nice thick ones especailly for suits as well as there's a hanger called the shoulder saver it works great especially on drysuits and they're cheap too.
I roll mine up once it's completely dry. Rolling prevents the creases that folding causes. Works well for me!

Back
Top Bottom