storing neoprene dry suit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I took a plastic hanger and a swim noodle and made my own drysuit hanger. Just cut the noodle to the lengths you want on each side of the hanger and split it on one side with a razor knife. then zip tie it to the hanger. I store mine in the closet on the hanger. When I want to use it, I fold it up and put in DUI bag to take to the lake. The hanger also works great to hang suit in garage to let dry. It doesn't take very long to dry since it is only wet on the outside. I always keep the zipper waxed and talc the seals after it dries.

So you just cut 2 pieces then zip ties each piece to the ends of the hanger? So each side goes into the arms then hang from neck? Zipper open or closed ??

The zipper should always be stored open. If you leave it closed the sealing faces will take a compressed set and not seal reliably.

Pete

Thanks Pete (spectrum) for the tip on storing the suit with the zipper open. My manufacturer's instructions didn't address this issue which I thought was an oversight.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom