Stories behind quotes...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tinydiver:
wait a minute, it wasn't johnnythan...it was whoever said the quote about the best pistolero in the west
I haven't read the rest of the thread yet, but that would be dlndavid.

I'd love to hear that explanation too.

Oh hell, NOW I finish reading!!!!!!
Well on mine......I just happen to love the V. Hugo quote, the man drowning thing is from a joke that had me nearly peeing my pants when I heard it. And the last one, well that's ME. I'm Pue, I said that. :eyebrow:

Mine are a nice collection of Latin proverbs... Mania once told me where they all came from, I feel they are particularly important now, since I am taking Latin II as a senior elective.

"Vox populi vox dei" - Voice of people is the voice of God - Hesiodus "Works and days" 736.

"Dulce est desipere in loco" - It's good to have fun at the right place and the right time - Horatius "Carmina" IV, 12, 28

"Dum spiro, spero" - As long as I breath I have hope - anonymous midieval proverb.

But if I find a particularly good Tupac quote, that goes in.

Green_Manelishi:
Might I suggest "Damn, I've been shot." :eyebrow:

That has GOT to be the funniest thing you've ever posted....LOL

My sig line comes from the futility of arguing with idiots and morons....kinda like feeding the trolls, it just gets frustrating.

Green_Manelishi:
Might I suggest "Damn, I've been shot." :eyebrow:

You know, Tupac is today a very accomplished poet. He has some poetry books, and another school around here did a unit on his poetry. One of my good friends last year did an IB Extended Essay on some of his poems. They're pretty good stuff. That, and her STILL has cash rollin' in like CRAZY off his albums, he had a movie released, AND has a clothing line. He even released an album after he died. Tupac, my friends, might have been shot dead on 7 September 1996, but he still lives on…

AND he's a baltimoron like me! He was born in NYC, but raised here in Baltimore!

But, alas, I still have to find a good quote.

I simply give up. It's a losing battle.

Mine is a favourite quote the perfectly describes one of the great pleasures of diving. It also alludes to the fact some of us are weighted to the earth a little more heavilly than others :wink:

Nauticalbutnice :fruit:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom