Stories behind quotes...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

A while back I was offended by someone questioning my use of a pony bottle.After all, it remains MY decision. I came up with "no buddys at 100ft" to make people think about what they would do if the were faced with having a problem at 100ft.In my opinion, it's a lot better to be self sufficient at 100ft, than drag your buddy into your problem. :quote: I love the fact that everyone is allowed an opinion, it's too bad not everyone realizes an opinion might not be an idea they approve of.(that could be my next one!) :lightbulb

mine is how i'm feeling now that i'm divorced. lovin' life in all its intricacies...

hmm, that last one is from a prior boss. maybe it'll be my next quote... hard to get his pronunciation in written form, though. inTRICacies... does that work?

I generally have quotes from Sir Winston Churchill.

He had balls of Stainless Steel and said it how it was with no fluffy "feel nice" edges. I appreciate that. One of my favourites, which might be my next one is;

"Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing ever happened."

The one I have below, to me, is so true. If you try to stick your head in the sand, problems snowball and become worse.

I have 2 I like to use - the first is:
"Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines" No idea where I read it, but it cracked me up and sort of makes you appreciate what you have.

The second "you're f^¢&*ng up my Chi.." is from the movie "Swordfish", and although it was an average movie, I found that line relates so much to my life that I find myself using it almost every day. Especially now that I am diving...

Z...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom