Stories behind quotes...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Firebrand

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Ok, we've seen the threads that ask for the stories behind user names and avatars, but what about the stories behind the quotes you the users of ScubaBoard have chosen?

As for me, I heard the Collective Soul song, "She Said" and I found some truth to the line. Life's river shall rise, she said, that only the strong shall survive. Makes me want to dive in the river that is life!

The first one I came up with after some SB discussions on how 'all' overweight divers are corks.

The second one comes to mind regularly when reading through the posts.

Firebrand:
Ok, we've seen the threads that ask for the stories behind user names and avatars, but what about the stories behind the quotes you the users of ScubaBoard have chosen?

The current one is from the movie "Intollerable Cruelty" and represents probably 8 of the funniest minutes ever filmed. The whole courtroom scene is just a friggen pants wetter.

"have you sat before her, before?"

"we don't sit - we stand"

"Have you stood before her, before? have you argued before her, before?"

"We've stood before, here - but not before her, before... You don't argue. We argue for you before her... "

It goes on and on. Its abbot and costello fast forwarded about 60 years. Then Heinz rolls in and it just slays me.

Yes - I am that silly man. :eyebrow:

OK, whatever - you had to have been there...

---
Ken

Got a quote from a book. Got chastized for using someone elses, even though I later dicovered two other SB members with the same quote that I was using. Had to come up with something. My quote was from my grand dad that he used to tell us when we were children.

I can't believe this thread hasn't gone any further!! It's a great question and i wanted to hear what johnnythan had to say about his quote. Mine came from one of those e-mails that goes around about things to ponder. I laughed so hard about "If Jimmy cracks corn...." and NOBODY (except my dad) has laughed with me about it yet. My dad and i laughed so hard we had to hang up and then try to call back but we were both still laughing.
I don't know.......I guess it's so stupid it's funny.

Many, many years ago, standing along the side of the road beside my VW Beetle with my kayak on top and observing the dry river bed of the Ocoee River in east Tennessee (where the '96 Olympics were held). The whys and wherefores of my philosophical bent at that particular moment shall remain undisclosed.

wait a minute, it wasn't johnnythan...it was whoever said the quote about the best pistolero in the west

tinydiver:
wait a minute, it wasn't johnnythan...it was whoever said the quote about the best pistolero in the west

That would be dlndavid, and his quote comes from the movie Tombstone, with Val Kilmer playing Doc Holliday making the famous quote. Gawd, I have to get a life...lol.

BTW tinydiver, Happy Birthday :hb2: :partytime

Last time I wore my wetsuit, the "rear-end" portion had shrunk. It couldn't possibly have been my rear end! :D

I used to have "I hate being the slowest psychopath" which is from the pointy-haired boss in Dilbert.

Firebrand:

As for me, I heard the Collective Soul song, "She Said" and I found some truth to the line. Life's river shall rise, she said, that only the strong shall survive. Makes me want to dive in the river that is life!

Because too frequently I was asked "Why would you dive in ....? There is nothing to see." So now I just reply "It's not about seeing things, it's about diving" (simply for the enjoyment of diving)

Back
Top Bottom