Storage tote with wheels and retractable handle?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I need to go to Lowes and check the 24 gallon model. I don't think it would be big enough to me. But at the same time the 50 gallon is almost too big. Wish those guys in Cali still made theirs.

sent via nookcolor N2A.

Stanely # 29005 (now #029025R) 24Gal rolling tool chest
Note: use only a ratchet tiedown and a rubber floor mat under tank to prevent slipping .. I've carried two al80's this way (HP100 in pic)
Got it this size because it was the biggest size that would fit the hold on the Long Beach / Catalina ferry .. I think that they now allow the bigger Stanely box

And it's handy for gearing up , sitting on .. (I too cut off the saw mount on the inside of lid)

looks like the price is up .. I payed about $45 a few years ago .. just found it at wallmart for $54 but out of stock online .. maybe at store?

Reactions: Jax
I was in Wally world and they didn't have anything like that in the store. I was in the tote area, they had a huge one you could stuff a small immigrant family in, but nothing in the size I needed. What I found on line was stupid high.

Lowes is the only place that I have found them. They are like $50 each. If I get tight on space, I will bungee my BCD to the top of the box. That opens up a lot of room inside.

I haven't bought one in a while, I certainly don't need any more of them. They may have replaced it with the Task Force brand. Link I believe I recall one of my students rolling the Task Force version at a dive site one day. They are usually in the Tool section around the other tool boxes. Sometimes they put them with the other plastic storage containers.

Reactions: D_B
I couldn't find them, link?

I stumbled onto them yesterday while wandering the store killing time. They are in the steel truck box section. $47 plus tax. The 24 gal size would definitely be too small for my DS and undergarment etc. I was tempted to buy one though for summer time toting. But the wife would KILL me getting something else like this.

I've been using mine pretty regularly, it gets lots of notice at the quarry. Yesterday I bought some 1/4 thumb bolts to screw into the top when it is open. I'm using them for hooks to hang stuff like wet gloves and hoods during the SI, I figure it is easier to keep up with them that way, instead of getting splinters in the neoprene from the picnic tables. I also used a silver sharpie and wrote down the contents on the inside of the lid. Hopefully I won't forget my boots again like last w/e. Palm/face!

I typically use 2, one for the stuff that should be dry after the dive and one for the wet stuff. I do pack into a small bag for boat dives though.

Back
Top Bottom