Storage tote with wheels and retractable handle?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

calvin007

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I'm looking for (preferably) a hard case storage tote with wheels and retractable handle to store my gear and be able to take it around for my local diving. The retractable handle would be a really nice feature since I have to park my car about one block away. Aside from very expensive cases (Starlight, Pelican), I'm having a challenging time locating a suitable option. For the moment, we can assume that this storage tote will not be used for any airline transportation.

In many ways, I just want a durable Rubbermaid container with wheels (example... though this is probably a bit larger than really necessary), but with the retractable handle.

Are there options out there I am overlooking? Thanks.

Try getting one of the Craftsman rolling tote toolboxes at Sears. I use one for my tools when I travel to different job sites. I even check it as baggage when I go cross country. It is well made and has a retractable handle. Check it out.

Thanks for the two options -- I'll definitely check both of them out. I must have overlooked that particular option on Home Depot's website in a prior search. :)

Check out this post showing the Stanley totes- I have one (the large) and they work great!
Totes

Check out this post showing the Stanley totes- I have one (the large) and they work great!
Totes

I like these totes as well... I have two smalls, one from me and one for the wife... Should I have gone bigger? Maybe but I like the small... Got it from Lowes or maybe HDepot...

lee

Peter and I have four of the Stanley boxes -- two small, two large. The small ones are great for loading up gear for a dive, or for teaching pool sessions. The large one is going to be great for storing everything but tanks for both of us for shore diving, if we want to go have lunch somewhere and don't want to leave a lot of gear unlocked in the back of the truck.

Reactions: D_B
Totes

Awesome, thanks for the extra photos. I appreciate it. I hope to get out to Home Depot tonight to check them out. I only hope the specs aren't true when they say the empty weight of the container is 31.75 lbs. Wow. Living on the 3rd floor in a non-elevator residence would pose a challenge. :wink:

Awesome, thanks for the extra photos. I appreciate it. I hope to get out to Home Depot tonight to check them out. I only hope the specs aren't true when they say the empty weight of the container is 31.75 lbs. Wow. Living on the 3rd floor in a non-elevator residence would pose a challenge. :wink:

I'm sure that is not correct. And another great feature- when you are done diving, fill em with fresh water and soak your gear in it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom