Storage Bank Bottles

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Salmonboy97

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I am looking to start blending nitrox at home. I have a compressor and am looking to buy a bank system. To save a little $$$ I will just be setting up an air bank and partial pressure filling with 100% O2.
I would like to get 4-444 CF HP bottles with connections.
Any suggestions on how to accomplish this at a reasonable cost would be appreciated!

Look for dive stores closing. Vortex up in N. FL generally has excess gov't surplus for sale.

I heard that about Vortex. I called and left them a message but they never called back. I assumed it was because they didnt have anything. Maybe I should try again. Thanx rigdiver.

Do yourself a favor and build a blending stick... then bank the Nitrox :)

if it's that easy, why don't more LDS's do it instead of a lot of them still partial pressure blending? (serious question.... )

It is that easy. Much simpler to get a system dialed in then walk away as it fills the banks. We finally have one shop that is going to be doing nitrox, from a mixing stick, in our area, but it has been years since anyone offered it. At this point they are not going to bank 32%, but continues blend into the scuba tanks.

You will need an oxygen regulator, some hoses, and a shut off valve for the O2 is very good to have. The O2 reg can come from ebay for around $30 or less. Either way you are going to need the fittings for the O2 tank. Everything is covered in the Oxyhackers book including partial pressure blending.

I am considering partial pressure blending so I dont have to buy TWO banks to make pre-mix. One bank for air and one for the pre-mix.
I already have the oxyhacker book and am reading it. I have also taken a blending course and have a former dive shop owner helping me get things set up. ( I wish I had bought his system )
I am very interested in continuous blending (this has been suggested to me before) but dont feel I have enough blending experience to set this up.

I am very interested in continuous blending (this has been suggested to me before) but dont feel I have enough blending experience to set this up.

Not hard at all and much cheaper in the 02 department. Just top off what is already in the tank. Why waste 500 or 1000 lbs of say 32%?

Setting up the blending part is a snap. As for the experience, most feel that blending is safer than partial. Cheaper and faster since you don't have to "bone" the tanks.

It would also help if you would list a budget range you are trying to stay within. Just a thought.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom