Stop Finning!!!!!!!! See "Sharkwater"

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

All I know is that the documentary is awesome. The message is outstanding. And BTW we definitely have to do something to establish some sort of agency that can enforce the finning laws

I also agree with you, Something must be done and the public needs to be aware of this problem.

The documentary is outstanding!!

nahy, i do not buy that documental, pure propaganda. He was breaking international laws to film this doc. and that's wrong. National geographic won't do that in order to produce a conservationist film. you better watch HowardHallproductions.com for a "mountain Shark" Doc. is far better. This film, sharkwater is very novice and law breaker, you should not support people like that, if you claim that you are helping a cause, then why you will break international laws in first place? huh?:dork2:- self-contradictory.:popcorn:

nahy, i do not buy that documental, pure propaganda. He was breaking international laws to film this doc. and that's wrong. National geographic won't do that in order to produce a conservationist film. you better watch HowardHallproductions.com for a "mountain Shark" Doc. is far better. This film, sharkwater is very novice and law breaker, you should not support people like that, if you claim that you are helping a cause, then why you will break international laws in first place? huh?:dork2:- self-contradictory.:popcorn:
The law doesn't only protect the innocent...

However, if you subscribe to that, I have this bridge...

I certainly don't want the news media seeking out "Dr." Ritter for interviews every time there is a new shark attack in the news.
Too late... he's now an official victim (which, of course, makes him the omnipotent shark-god of the media...)

Too bad he wasn't demonstrating how he can hypnotize whites by kissing them on the snout...

The unfortunate thing is that most of the people doing the finning are only trying to support their families. What you have to do is target the actual consumers of the shark fin. If there is no demand for the product, then then the practice of finning will be a thing of the past.Lets all hope that this happens soon.

Back
Top Bottom