STOLEN EQUIPMENT

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

306dive306

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Under the Jungle’s shop was broken into and equipment was stolen.

1 JJ head + 4 Black Tip scooters.

Please, keep your eyes peeled and your heads on a swivel.

Attachments

• 7A3DC18F-0C86-4329-B931-DCB4C7BED865.png
    7A3DC18F-0C86-4329-B931-DCB4C7BED865.png
    168.8 KB · Views: 81
you'll never see those again

It happened to me in my store once, you feel so violated you want to chop their head off. My sympathy and support to the owners. I hope that they catch the bastards soon.

I'm sorry to hear that Natalie and Vince had this happen to them. They are great people.

OT: Besides securing a place of business like Fort Knox, I wonder what practical steps a business can make to protect its belongs. I now appreciate the customization of wings with a dive center's logo/name, as that is pretty clear where it came from. Back when I worked at Intel and managed the USB-IF software compliance program I constantly was losing USB cables. So I labeled each one with "STOLEN FROM THE USB-IF". Throughout the compliance workshops I had people give these back to me after they saw other companies with them. It was rather hysterical, but it solved my problem. Having people borrow stuff and never return was solved by taking their driver's license as collateral.

So I labeled each one with "STOLEN FROM THE USB-IF". Throughout the compliance workshops I had people give these back to me after they saw other companies with them. It was rather hysterical, but it solved my problem. Having people borrow stuff and never return was solved by taking their driver's license as collateral.
Funny and effective!

So sorry to hear of Under the Jungle's equipment theft. It is quite a bit of real specialty gear, after all, and may be difficult to fence -- especially that JJ head. I'll let some friends in the NE know about it and check some classifieds. They may so stupid as to immediately post them on something like Craigslist -- found one of my stolen camera housings a week or so after the theft, that way.

The mouth-breather and crack-head girlfriend were both eventually brought up on grand theft charges -- back when they actually stuck.

My girlfriend and I went to a flea market recently; and you just wouldn't believe the sheer amount of stuff with Walgreen's security stickers, brazenly stocking the shelves of all of the little pop-ups there -- laundry detergents, toothpastes; fake-nails; fake-nail removers; pregnancy tests; condoms and even goop to, eh, reduce certain friction coefficients.

It wasn't a total waste of time -- I did manage to pick up a lone XXL ScubaPro Jet-fin with springs, for 20.00, from another seller, to keep spares on hand; made a sordid joke about that aforementioned goop, that ensured a night on the couch; and picked up a bag of blood oranges on the cheap, from a dude selling produce . . .

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2023-01-27 at 4.30.22 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2023-01-27 at 4.30.22 PM.png
    285.8 KB · Views: 59
My girlfriend and I went to a flea market recently; and you wouldn't believe the sheer amount of stuff with Walgreen's security stickers, brazenly stocking the shelves of the little pop-ups there -- laundry detergent, toothpaste; fake-nails' fake-nail removers; pregnancy tests; condoms and even goop to, eh, reduce certain friction coefficients.

It wasn't a total waste of time -- I did manage up an XL ScubaPro Jet-fin with springs, for 20.00, from another seller, to keep spares on hand; and a bag of blood oranges on the cheap . . .
I can see that, and most people DGAF about Walmart. However, I think with a custom BCD, it may be a little harder to get away with that. I could be wrong, but I sure would hope that dive pros would at least call out the situation as well as conscious divers.

Reminds of a story my Dad told. This one was about books and the fact that loaned books often don't get returned.....probably just oversight, but annoying nonetheless. This particular individual had a stamp made up and rather than just his name and address, which is what a lot of book owners do, his said "Stolen From Red Fayler". I'm pretty sure it worked.

A comment made by a boss years ago when items were stolen from her store.
"May the armpits of these thieves be infested with the crabs of 1000 prostitutes."

A comment made by a boss years ago when items were stolen from her store.
"May the armpits of these thieves be infested with the crabs of 1000 prostitutes."
Not nether region? o_O

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom