Stolen bike found and returned

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Diverdon

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
I did some night dives in this location last month and noticed more trash than usual so I made it a point to come back and do some cleaning. I sometimes find treasure too, so I usually bring my GoPro. This time I found a bike that was stolen not long ago and I was able to track down the owner through FaceBook. I end up giving it back to him at the end of the video. Best part. He's the manager of a local bar/restaurant. When we met I refused the cash reward but accepted the growler :)

Very nice!

Thanks, Gents! I hope to provide you with more, though as the season wanes, the volume may slow.

Well Sam, this one isn't a treasure dive. Is there an appropriate place on the boards for something like this? If not, I'll delete this post.

@Diverdon

Don,
Once again a home run-- opps! it is football season -- a touch down with a PAT added on!

I am not a fan of ship wrecks and of ship wreck diving. Every one is a monument to a tragedy, property was lost but most important lives were lost and families destroyed.

However I have dove on almost all the local SoCal shipwrecks and many on our diving vacations, some were memorable events other - well ? I cant even recall their names.

But with all this-- one of my long term friends was the late Pat Smith, who had a masters in Marine Archeology from UCLA and also wrote the definite Shipwrecks of the SoCal Coast and lived for research the discovery of new and exciting shipwrecks- We were very close personal friends visited often, socialized, presented programs on the same venue - but all those good and great years never dove together

This does 't imply id don't enjoy setting down as I am currently doing with my morning hot Chocolate and viewing a well made video such as you presented -- I guess that makes me a Arm Chair wreck diver ?

Keep up the great work it is appreciated

Cheers from CenCal where the morning sun is just peaking over the eastern hills

Sam Miller, 111

@Diverdon

As one Great Lakes wreck diver to another, thanks! :D Awesome video!

How far is that hull section from the boiler?

What was bottom temp? Last weekend in southern Lake Michigan, I had 53F at 40ft.

Don’t delete it, but a good place would be under the Great Lakes Wrecking Crew as a dive report.

@Sam Miller III

I'm glad you enjoyed the video even though its not your "cup of tea", if you will. Thankfully, no lives were lost on this wreck. Thanks too, for sharing the story of your friend Pat. Though you never dove together, its plain to me that you had many enjoyable moments, just the same.
I'm very pleased you would take the time a watch my video and reflect upon it. It means a lot to me.
I am receiving a lot of support locally and hope that these videos will create interest in our fine sport.
Sincerely,

Don

@Diverdon

As one Great Lakes wreck diver to another, thanks! :D Awesome video!

How far is that hull section from the boiler?

What was bottom temp? Last weekend in southern Lake Michigan, I had 53F at 40ft.

Hi Marie,

There is a bit of a distance between the two. Over 500'. We had to tie on another length of line to our first 500' ball.

The temp was 60F at 35'. Lake Superior is extremely warm right now.

Thanks for the tip on GLWC. I will check out that area to see what videos may be posted there. Being such a simple wreck and video, I am almost embarrassed to post it where viewers expect to see the interior of the Daniel Morrel or something.

Thanks again,

DD

Back
Top Bottom