Stolen Avatar

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I think this thread signals a new low for this esteemed board. Funny thing is, it's a crappy avatar at best. WTH is anyone getting their beavertail in a knot over this?

If anyone needs a pic for an avatar, feel free to steal one of my pics from my FB page. There's about 9000 images there for you to use.
Actually, it was about his reason for stealing the avatar - not the actual use.

I'm pretty sure it's not just the avatar bit that's being factored into the decision. More of a "straw that broke the camel's back" deal.

Actually, it was about his reason for stealing the avatar - not the actual use.

I'm pretty sure it's not just the avatar bit that's being factored into the decision. More of a "straw that broke the camel's back" deal.

Seriously? It's a crappy, stolen picture...

Anyway, I'm moving along.

Seriously? It's a crappy, stolen picture...

Anyway, I'm moving along.
Again, based on what he PM'd me when I called him out on it, it was not at all about the picture...

I have changed my avatar. Stoo didn't like the dolphin. This picture is mine, and it is copyrighted, which is hard to see but it says so in the lower left corner.

I have changed my avatar. Stoo didn't like the dolphin. This picture is mine, and it is copyrighted, which is hard to see but it says so in the lower left corner.

LOL. It's not that I didn't like it, more that it just wasn't kinda special. Poorly cropped and out of focus. I gather that there's more to this than meets the eye, but your new avatar is sweet. :)

I liked your old one, FWIW. I'll get used to your new one, though. Eventually.

LOL. It's not that I didn't like it, more that it just wasn't kinda special. Poorly cropped and out of focus. I gather that there's more to this than meets the eye, but your new avatar is sweet. :)

I liked your old one, FWIW. I'll get used to your new one, though. Eventually.

I liked the old one because of my user-name. But I chose the new one (longnose hawkfish) because it is red, and so stands out well in all the blue stuff people use. If I get a picture of a red dolphin I'll switch to that....:)

Well tursiops, you could use a picture of yourself. I do and no one in their right mind would use it. Unless, of course, that is the crux of your problem.

Bob

Good for you, I think personal avatars are much better. :)

Well tursiops, you could use a picture of yourself. I do and no one in their right mind would use it. Unless, of course, that is the crux of your problem.
Bob
My thought too, who else would want to pass themselves off as me. :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom