Stinging or Biting things in PG?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rexman24:
Thanks guys for all the info, sometimes you have to spoon feed the newbies. I have a full body lyrca suit, will that be enough to stop the stingies?

can u buy a hood in PG?
hmmm can't say cuz I always use a 3mm. Yes you can buy a hood in PG (local Dive shops - Atlantis, Asia Divers)

If you're not a photographer getting close to your subjects, there are few stinging things to worry about. My worst stings have come from brushing up against fire coral, fire urchins and other bottom dwellers when shooting.

I have always used a shorty in PG without exception but after a nasty leg infection in Palau last year I have gone exclusively to full suits. I did get fire coral stings on my fingers last week in Anialo...

Diver Dennis:
brushing up against fire coral, fire urchins and other bottom dwellers when shooting.

I'll sign you up for the peak performance buoyancy in June Dennis.:D

The worse stings I've ever had on dive trips has been with airport taxi drivers.

DD-funny you said that as I just got a Canon housing for my S1-IS and am excited to take some good pictures!

matt_reed:
I'll sign you up for the peak performance buoyancy in June Dennis.:D

sign him up! :rofl3:

@rex: fullsuit. lycra is too thin. just be aware of what's around you all the time.

as for sabang stingers...meet up with matt and ask him to bring you there hahahaha

Traminer:
(b) a funky piranha/mickey mouse hood could makes you a lot more visible to your DMs/buddies.

Not really, coz everyone wears them! Specially from Asia Divers :wink:

Traminer:
PG water is too warm for gloves

Are you nuts?????????

Traminer:
There is a separate section of communicable diseases that may be contracted in Centrum in Sabang or White Beach.
just cover yourself !!!
Protection is very important under / above water!!!! :wink:

Live_in_Sin:
Not really, coz everyone wears them! Specially from Asia Divers :wink:

Are you nuts?????????

just cover yourself !!!
Protection is very important under / above water!!!! :wink:

nice screen name :D

Back
Top Bottom