Sting Ray Water Sports

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Maine Diver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Looking at booking a trip to GC. Anyone have any first hand experience with this company? I am an intermediate diver who enjoys long, slow dives, dive boats that are not crowded. Safety is obviously #1.

Thanks in advance.

Looking at a condo they have for rent. I have never been to GC and have alway received good advise for other dive trips.

Anyone have any first hand experience with this company?
I don't
I am an intermediate diver who enjoys long, slow dives, dive boats that are not crowded.
You might be a little disappointed then:

Capture.JPG

There are a lot of 6-8 pax maximum dive operations on Cayman. Ambassador, Neptune's, Off the Wall, others. Most that do mention it here:
Cayman Islands | Dive Operators

You don't want to dive with Red Sail or Fosters though probably...

Yes, that is the place. have you been there?

Thanks

My group and I stayed there last august for 2 weeks. Great complex. The shore diving off the property is spectacular but the current tends to kick up sometimes with no real predictable schedule. We learned to check the mooring bouys offshore and see if they looked to be drifting with a current and judge our dive times based on how it looked. If your looking to dive the big wall from there its a few minute swim, we rented from dive tech lighthouse point as it was 5 minutes out to the big wall and about 10-12 from coconut bay. There were always fresh tanks available for us, although our group were the only ones using tanks during that time (6 of us over 2 weeks but tanks were usually refilled daily) we didnt have the chance to do any boat diving with the owner of stingray, Duncan, as he was not on the island while we were there. We did our boat diving with Indepth Watersports who Duncan referred us to and works very closely with and you'll probably cross paths with at least Art as she dives with Duncan on his boat from time to time.

All in all 2 from our group are scheduled to go down again this coming summer with their family to coconut bay again and do some diving. and 4 of us from the group are seriously looking into buying a condo there we loved it so much. I wouldn't hesitate to book there as any inconvenience we experienced was trivial. I.E. pool was usually too hot (about 92 degrees) but we had it turned down, and our internet was not working during our stay.

if you have any more questions shoot me an email blaumi660@yahoo.com

Also try Happy Fish Divers... I've dove with them before, my husband was certified with them. They take 6 max on their boat trips and the boat is lovely. Totally valet dive service. I think they leave from 2 different locations.

Maine Diver and ian.b, any more comments on coconut bay and diving with Stingray watersports? How were your trips? I'm planning a trip with my family and considering this option. Thanks!!

Back
Top Bottom