Stilletto malfunction..Help Scott! :)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sideways

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hiya Scott,

I bought my Stilletto July last year, we talked about the pro's and cons about both the Stilletto and the Ranger. Anyways, I have like 30 dives on mine, and I am very good at caring for my gear. I went out on a beach dive the other day, and during our pre-check I noticed that my one of my front emergency releases was missing. The Red pull handle AND the red fabric that is attached to the BC itself. All thats there is the lil orange poly wire. The weight compartment is still threaded...so it wasn't just pulled out Im assuming.

The shop I bought it from, Liburdi's, in Orange County CA seems to be out of biz after 30 something years....just my luck:shakehead: So... what are my options to repair or replace this? Im leaving for Cozumel in 3 weeks...:shocked2:

Thanks Scott!!

Regards,

Greg

Greg -

Something sounds crazy here...

There should only be one ripcord handle - on the divers left side of the BC. That handle attaches to two lines of heavy orange monofilament line, which runs to both sides of the BC.

Is it possible for you to take a picture and post it here???

Thanks,

Scott

I will do that Scott when I get off work. I thought there was a pull on each side. On the right side, sticking out forward, is just the lone piece of orange mono. I'll get a shot of it as soon as I get home. Thanks Scott!!

Greg

Greg,

I also purchased my Stiletto from Matt at Liburdi's. I was shocked when I got the email that they were closing up shop.
Anyway, as Scott stated, there is only 1 red pull handle on the front left side, not both sides. I thought this was an Aprils Fools joke:D

I will do that Scott when I get off work. I thought there was a pull on each side. On the right side, sticking out forward, is just the lone piece of orange mono. I'll get a shot of it as soon as I get home. Thanks Scott!!

Greg

Greg,

Take a look at this video.

Ripcord Rethread - Zeagle Dive Systems

It shows you how the system works, and how to rethread it. The Stiletto BC works exactly like this multi-colored BC I am rethreading in the video!

Thanks,

Scott

Well...I'll look at it when I get home...the end of the mono must have just came untucked. Thanks for the link to the vid and all the help Scott...

I would never do an April fools joke!!!!

on April 2nd

Sorry about the mistake, I just noticed the mono sticking out, and thought..."That aint right"......LOL.....
BigB.gif

Thanks again!!

Greg

Yeah Rad... I was really bummed they closed down. Guess Matt needs more time in the South Pac diving.....:D

No worries!!

When I first read your post, I typed out this long reply about how I have NO idea how the ripcord release could fall off, and how we would fix it or replace it in time for your upcoming trip, all while trying not to trip over myself apologizing.....

....and then I said to myself, "Wait...let me go back and read his description of the problem again. That just doesn't sound right at all!!!"

It made for some interesting conversation around here today...trust me!!!

:D

Thanks,

Scott

yeah...Im feeling a lil stoopid right about now...:rofl3:

By the way...Love the BC!!!!!

Greg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom