Still waiting for BCD

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

GreatLakesAngel

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Just wanted to see if it took this long for anyone else....

On July 1, I ordered some gear from Oceanic via my LDS. About two weeks ago I got my regulator from Oceanic, but when I picked it up in the shop they said my BCD was on back order. So here it is nearly a month later and I still haven't heard anything. The shop is following up on it, but does it really take a month to get it? I understand that from what the shop said Oceanic doesn't have these just siting around a warehouse to send off and that each BCD is built to order.

But should it really be a month later (or maybe more) or my BCD to come in?

still no BC? cancel your order, buy a different BC. it shouldn't take that long without any communication.

Just wanted to see if it took this long for anyone else....

On July 1, I ordered some gear from Oceanic via my LDS. About two weeks ago I got my regulator from Oceanic, but when I picked it up in the shop they said my BCD was on back order. So here it is nearly a month later and I still haven't heard anything. The shop is following up on it, but does it really take a month to get it? I understand that from what the shop said Oceanic doesn't have these just siting around a warehouse to send off and that each BCD is built to order.

But should it really be a month later (or maybe more) or my BCD to come in?

"built to order", now that is a new excuse I have not heard of..Either Oceanic is waiting for the product to come in from their factory or suplier or the LDS did not order it in a timely manner OR the LDS is on hold with Oceanic for $$ due.
If the LDS you are purchasing from is smalll and has little inventory I would think the last reason is the right one.

Have to agree with Oly here. Having gone through a similar issue early on with an LDS that was on a COD basis with Oceanic for a time, I doubt the problem is on Oceanic's end. Want to know for sure? Just call Oceanic. If you want Doug Krause just call the 800 and ask for him. I also have another number for him. PM if you want it. It is not an 800, it's the local California number so you gotta pay but waiting a month, it'd be worth it to me. Your LDS may also be waiting on more customer orders to get a price or shipping break but they should at least be honest about it and say so. Made to order? Ain't no friggin way.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom