still have HI questions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I can add to Lopaka's statement about one thing: Never never never never (did I say never?) do gear work, reading, line tying etc. on the boat if you can avoid it. If you absolutely do have to, do it in spurts. Get your work ready, do it for a few seconds, look back up at the horizon. I see people head inside when they don't feel well. Nuh uh, get on deck no matter how cold or wet. I'd rather be freezing my patootie off than get ill.

Last tip, if you do get ill, eat some antacids.:vomit: If it's gonna come up, might as well make it as least harmful and unpleasant as possible.

Good idea too Lopaka. People always wonder why I want to set up gear BEFORE we leave the harbor or why they should take their fins, mask, gloves, boots, and all other nick nacks out of the bag and at arms length to their gear. 2 reasons:

1) The aforementioned looking down/tinkering with gear syndrome
2) Ya never know when something awesome will decide to show up and it's time to roll!

G

I can add to Lopaka's statement about one thing: Never never never never (did I say never?) do gear work, reading, line tying etc. on the boat if you can avoid it. If you absolutely do have to, do it in spurts. Get your work ready, do it for a few seconds, look back up at the horizon. I see people head inside when they don't feel well. Nuh uh, get on deck no matter how cold or wet. I'd rather be freezing my patootie off than get ill.

Last tip, if you do get ill, eat some antacids.:vomit: If it's gonna come up, might as well make it as least harmful and unpleasant as possible.

I have learned about keeping eyes on the horizon and not working on gear - good advice.

I learned recently that if you might be sick, rehydrate with root beer. Root beer tastes good going down and coming back up - it has a pleasant, cleansing flavour in both directions.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom