Still feeling effects of aspiration from morning training.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Looks like we caught the flu despite our flu shots.

You need to take talk like that to the PUB :wink:. Just kidding. Glad to hear it was nothing serious and hope you can get to finishing your certification soon. Congratulations on doing what you should during the incident, and having the presence of mind to ask the question when it persisted.

Don't worry about asking questions. When I was a newbie, hell, I thought that I got DCS every other five minutes!!! Luckily I didn't discover Scubaboard then or else I'd have been posting a bunch of questions.

A bit of clarification. I read what people write. In detailing your experience you say, "I swallowed a small amount of water."
Later you mention that you were drinking a lot of water, taking Mucinex, hot tea, rest and a vaporizer. If you did this because you had the flu...that would be
a reasonable response. However, you described these steps as your response to, "swallowing a small amount of water". Sorry, but I do consider that to be a gross overreaction in that instance. With the passage of time it does seem you were having the onset of the flu and the aspiration was coincidental.
Please overlook my poor choice of wording and welcome to the world of diving. It has the ability to change your life in untold ways. Feel better soon and safe diving.

A bit of clarification....

...With the passage of time it does seem you were having the onset of the flu and the aspiration was coincidental.Please overlook my poor choice of wording and welcome to the world of diving. It has the ability to change your life in untold ways. Feel better soon and safe diving.

Ahh... sometimes we say things that come out different in print and different than we intended...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom