Still confused about inflator and hose maintenance

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Are you saying the new SP inflators use Schraders?
Sorry. I should have said the quick disconnect (QD) on the hose has a Schrader valve. This is unfortunate because it turns a high flow hose into low flow-just like standard inflator connectors. The new SP inflators also have standard male Q.D. fitting. As far as I know, internally the inflator assembly itself remained the same. Fortunately, the male fitting can be easily removed and replaced with the older high flow fitting. Likewise, the female fitting can be easily replaced with the high flow (AIR 2 and older inflator) Q.D.

I've never heard of a 610 o-ring used in a Scuba context.

The right o-ring is an AS--011 (BS-011). Cheap and widely available. I just replaced some today.

That's a handy little tool. Scuba Service Tools?
It is correctly noted that this once again shows that Mr. Nicolas does not have much knowledge of diving and/or the diving industry.
He is only concerned with making a profit.
As you have indeed noticed, the tool was not designed by Mr. Nicolas but by Scuba Service Tools.
For your information, Mr. Nicolas briefly sold tools from Scuba Service Tools through his webshop in 2021, this resale was immediately stopped in 2022 because many complaints were received about incorrect sizes and tools that did not fit. After some research, it turned out that Mr. Nicolas was copying tools without any knowledge of dimensions and/or service procedures.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom