Stewart Warner/Kidde Compressor and moisture seperator questions (Home mixing)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks, Peter. In the USA, civilian versions of the 4 cfm, 4 stg compressors similar to that offered by "Dependable" sell for about $3000 (US), new. There is a gent in Rialto, CA, Gunnar Alfter, who builds them. I believe he is in Europe right now but will return in by autumm. The smaller, 3.5 cfm, 3 stage Kidde compressors are available in the USA for almost nothing. Last week, the US govt sold 2 dozen of the Kidde compressors, new, complete, for 50-75 dollars each. They sold in lots of 4 and 2. I posted the sale on Scubaboard. This type of compressor can be operated as is but the usual route is to change over from the small, 2.5 hp Continental or Tecumseh to the 5hp Honda engine.

Notice that Dependable offers the Kidde, 4 stg assembly in a 3500 or 5000 psi version. The package is designed and assembled by High Pressure Engineering of Adelaide. It appears that they agree with my opinion as to the pressure capability of the Kidde pump. "Nominal" characteristics mean nothing in the military world. Rating the 4 stage pump at 4 cfm and 3000 psi is very conservative, directly the opposite of how commercial blocks are marketed. Actual performance of the Kidde is 4.5 cfm @ 3000 and 4.2 cfm at 5000.

pescador775:
Thanks, Peter. In the USA, civilian versions of the 4 cfm, 4 stg compressors similar to that offered by "Dependable" sell for about $3000 (US), new. There is a gent in Rialto, CA, Gunnar Alfter, who builds them. I believe he is in Europe right now but will return in by autumm. The smaller, 3.5 cfm, 3 stage Kidde compressors are available in the USA for almost nothing. Last week, the US govt sold 2 dozen of the Kidde compressors, new, complete, for 50-75 dollars each. They sold in lots of 4 and 2. I posted the sale on Scubaboard. This type of compressor can be operated as is but the usual route is to change over from the small, 2.5 hp Continental or Tecumseh to the 5hp Honda engine.

Hi ! Pesky,

At the beginning time I supposed the prices listed from the Dependable is base on australian dollar. Thanks!

Hi ! All the Kidde folks, have you ever found with your Kidde compressors with two patents 2562954 and 2827227, I just found you can get the detail of these patent.

Try to key in the patent number then hit the images you will go for it. but your computer have to had the "QuickTime" software to read it out.

Basically, the patent of 2562954 is for first gereration of Kidde only, and the second and third gereration of kiddes have included the patent 2827227.

http://patft.uspto.gov/netahtml/PTO/srchnum.htm

I have two Kidde compressors. I have been using the 3.5. I have a 4 that I am setting up.

I need gaskets for the one I have been using and lines for the filter on the one I am setting up. Does anyone know a source for parts?

Base my understand, the Kidde hp compressors part is getting hard to found it at now. to you question if you can describe the gaskets you are looking for is for use in where ( e.g. for oil pump , first stage .....) ? then may be you can get an answer from some one in shortly.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom