Steve Martin sidemount

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I think Steve is going to be the way I wanna go going to try to contact him n look for available dates in mexico

Is there a better way to get in contact with Steve other than email been two weeks with no reply

Try Facebook - or try contacting one of the bases he frequents.

I tried to contact him a few years ago. Took ages for him to answer my mails too, but then his answer was worth the long wait.

What's amazing is he takes a side mount course with Steve B. In Mexico one week and then the next he is copying his videos on YouTube and now is the leading expert on steel tanks and side mount.

Can I become the leading expert on side mount and steel tanks by copying Steve B. Or Edd?

If you think Steve M has no experience, you might want to learn a bit about him. Just saying...
I'll agree that he maybe isn't the very best, however he is THE promoter for sidemount, and he actually tries to help people going into it. Not like most instructors who want to make SM divers feel like they are the best divers in the world, or say you need to have at least 300 dives before you can even think of slinging 2 cylinders to your side.

As for the no replying to e-mails, he's currently a bit busy diving in mexico (according to his agenda that you can find on his website). Facebook might give something but I would just wait it out...

I wasn't questioning his experience, I was stating that prior to taking the course with Steve B, he was unheard of and then he copies Steve's video Frame by frame and the week after the course he is now THE guy. I'll give it to him he has great PR/marketing skills but seeing how he is trained by Steve, why not just cut out the imitation and take the class with Steve.

Or if you wanna cave dive in Florida you can't go wrong with most instructors down there.

---------- Post added October 26th, 2014 at 10:36 PM ----------

He did update his video, his "Original" one was much more of a direct copy...

Steve B.

Steve Bogaerts Sidemount Skills demo in a Razor Harness - YouTube

Steve martin

Sidemount Essentials Training with Steve Martin - YouTube

He smokes like a chimney, that bugs the crap outa me...

...prior to taking the course with Steve B, he was unheard of and then he copies Steve's video Frame by frame and the week after the course he is now THE guy...
This can be read up in his own words on his webpage.
More or less he was diving in Mexico and other spots on his own for several hundreds of dives before he stared instructing.

He was the first to vehemently recomment only accepting instructors who can prove to have their own experience and especially as sidemount divers not sidemount instructors.

I do not know him personally, but I know some people who dove and trained with him I highly respect so I have to assume he is as good as he is said to be.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom