Step up in dive computer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Changing the last stop depth won't fix it and won't do what I want. My 20ft stops performed at 23ft or 30ft don't count. My 20 minutes exciting the cave at 50ft won't count towards my 30ft stop. My 10ft stop can't be performed at 14ft on that nice flat rock if my last stop is 20ft.

Thanks for posting all this. It seems like a seriously fatal flaw in the H3. I am really surprised that there doesn't seem to be a bigger deal being made out of this. I've followed the H3 announcement thread all the way and I don't recall seeing this mentioned in there, ever. I called Cave Adventurers yesterday to ask them about the H3 and the guy I talked to there didn't mention this as an issue either. And this seems like it would be HUGE issue for using it in deco diving. Is that just my inexperience talking?

Thanks for posting all this. It seems like a seriously fatal flaw in the H3. I am really surprised that there doesn't seem to be a bigger deal being made out of this. I've followed the H3 announcement thread all the way and I don't recall seeing this mentioned in there, ever. I called Cave Adventurers yesterday to ask them about the H3 and the guy I talked to there didn't mention this as an issue either. And this seems like it would be HUGE issue for using it in deco diving. Is that just my inexperience talking?
Well, it's not as big of an issue for ow diving. For cave diving, it can be very obnoxious. They may have addressed it as I told the Cave Adventurers guys and they were calling the manufacturer about it. If I'm wrong, most of my issues go away. To me, it's a fatal flaw

Well, it's not as big of an issue for ow diving. For cave diving, it can be very obnoxious. They may have addressed it as I told the Cave Adventurers guys and they were calling the manufacturer about it. If I'm wrong, most of my issues go away. To me, it's a fatal flaw

The current firmware is v1.45. Is that what you were using when you experienced this behavior?

To be honest, I couldn't stand it any more and I ordered an H3 yesterday. If I can't verify that this issue is resolved, I will probably return it without ever getting it wet. I don't want to dive it just to find out that it has the problem you described. Once I've used it, I can't return it for a refund.

I have an OW computer I like just fine. No need to buy an H3 for that. I only bought it to use for deco diving, with trimix to come in the not-TOO-distant future.

Man... I'm starting to think I should return the H3, sell my Petrel, buy another cheap wrist computer with gauge mode, and just plan to do any deco diving that I do purely based on computer-generated plans, with a pair of bottom timers.

My biggest issue is that the computer didn't credit my time at 20ft towards my 10ft stop depth. There's a "floor" for your deco like a rec computer's safety stop range. Like an idiot, I spent like 7 extra minutes at 20ft without realizing it wasn't discounting my 10ft stop time. I figured I had to be wrong, so my subsequent dives confirmed it. Sometimes a deco stop at 10ft isn't convenient.

Victor- can you tell us which firmware version you are using? The H3 most definitely credits you for time spent deeper than the prescribed stop (hanging at 20' instead of 10' for example). You can verify this through a simple simulated dive using the dive simulation feature.

Victor- can you tell us which firmware version you are using? The H3 most definitely credits you for time spent deeper than the prescribed stop (hanging at 20' instead of 10' for example). You can verify this through a simple simulated dive using the dive simulation feature.

No, I can't...sorry. It was a demo unit I was diving. Having said that, I also can't do a simulated dive with it as I don't have access to one.

The H3 definitely will let you stop at the 20' stop instead of 10' and calculate your deco accordingly. (Just like most reliable technical dive computers!)

Back
Top Bottom