Steel hp 120 tanks

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

For the record, since 2014 Aldora has its own compressor shop and NEVER has a short fill. Short fills and CO are the reasons we stopped using the big shop on the island..

In addition, there is a big difference between high pressure and low pressure steel 120s-- in size, weight, and buoyancy characteristics.

Dave Dillehay

Aldora Divers

ALDORA DIVERS

Last edited:
Not 100% sure what Aldora definition of short are? when we were diving with Aldora in September 5 of the 6 tanks were 2700-2800 psi range

Dear Rick220,

Bluntly I find it near impossible to believe your statement. Perhaps you were confused who you were diving with (some have low pressure Steel 120s) and some have HP 120s like us but get them filled by the main supplier on this island. For such a thing to have happened on an Aldora boat, with our DMs is virtually no chance that could happen without me being informed. I had reported to me of an instance of short fills at 3200 and 3300 PSI and that was completely unacceptable to me-- I just spent $200,000 to make sure things like that don't happen.

However if you can tell me what day you dove in September I can review all dives and discuss this with the dive guides. We do keep a thorough record of dive sites, depths and duration of all dives…and any problems like short fills.

Looking forward to your response.

Dave Dillehay

Last edited:
Dear Rick220,

Bluntly I find it near impossible to believe your statement. Perhaps you were confused who you were diving with (some have low pressure Steel 120s) and some have HP 120s like us but get them filled by the main supplier on this island. For such a thing to have happened on an Aldora boat, with our DMs is virtually no chance that could happen without me being informed. I had reported to me of an instance of short fills at 3200 and 3300 PSI and that was completely unacceptable to me-- I just spent $200,000 to make sure things like that don't happen.

However if you can tell me what day you dove in September I can review all dives and discuss this with e dive guides. We do keep a thorough record of dive sites, depths and duration of all dives.

Looking forward to your response.

Dave Dillehay

Dave,

What should be the expected pressure range for the 100’s? The older ones as well as the new.

Dave,

What should be the expected pressure range for the 100’s? The older ones as well as the new.

3442, right?

---------- Post added October 10th, 2015 at 02:37 PM ----------

And actually all the 'other' fillers short fill the 100CF alum air, which should be at 3,300, but the fillers never go over the 3,000 that 80CF AL takes.

Truly, our compressor shop goal is 3442 when cold. In practice we fill the tanks up to full hot and then once cool we top them off. Now on occasion there may be a slightly leaky valve that may reduce the pressure, but that usually puts them way down. Or sometimes (actually frequently) each divers SPG reads different than actuality. I expect all tanks on our boats to be above 3400 PSI and a rare reading of 3300 does not drive me crazy, but I don't like it. But are we perfect, I doubt it but never will we accept fills as described b the OP.

Dave Dillehay

I just got back from a week diving with Aldora, and there certainly weren't any short fills.
I did come back with dengue fever, but I guess I can't blame that on the fill...

Sent from an old fashioned 300 baud acoustic modem by whistling into the handset. Not TapaTalk. Really.

LU offers 120 steel tanks but they are LP, not HP.
Looking for a dive operation that uses the hp steel 120 tanks found an old post that listed Living Underwater and Aldora offer 120 tanks Are there any others now? Also the I would like the dive op to pick up from a downtown pier Thanks in advance

I dove for 10 days with Aldora in September and never once did I experience or hear of any diver experiencing a short fill. Divers are not know for being shrinking violets, unwilling to complain loudly and of equal importance CONTEMPORANEOUSLY of a short fill, much less of 5 short fills.

Back
Top Bottom