Stealth Light Conversion

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dmdalton

Contributor
Reaction score
I've been diving an EE Pro-4 10W HID (original light head design)canister light for the last couple of years and have been very pleased with it. With the introduction of the Helios lighting systems with NiMH battery packs I considered going to this new unit but was put off by the high cost.

DJS Technical came out with a competing product called the Stealth light. DJS makes the battery pack and canister which it then mates to your HID light head of choice. Depending on which light head you want to use, DJS can either provide the whole package or in other cases, you have to buy the light head from a dealer and send it to DJS to be mated to the Stealth canister. Matt, a dive buddy of mine got one and I saw it in the fall and was very impressed with it.

While I gave some thought to making one myself, I have numerous projects on the bench so I decided to go the Stealth light conversion route instead.

I sent the 10 W HID light head and cord off of my Pro-4 to Dan at DJS and had him hook it up to his Stealth canister. The finished prodict is incredibly tiny yet has a burn time of 3.5-4 hours with the 10 W HID head.

I got a chance to dive my converted light Saturday at Mt Storm and am extremely pleased with the unit. Workmanship and quality are second to none. The canister is turned out of a single piece of delrin and the lid and switch guard are machined from delrin as well.

You can get the specs and more info at the web site as well as see pics of it:

http://www.stealthdive.com/

Dave D

I am getting my own canister made, but I wanted to ask how much is he selling the canisters for?

He charges $325.00 and that includes a battery also. It also includes free wiring of you old light head to your new canister. The only thing you have to pay for is the return shipping. I had him ship me 2 MR11, 2 canisters, and 2 chargers. That only ran about $35.00

GO FOR IT! I have one of his lights with the DR MR11 HID.. LOVE IT! It is so small you don't even notice it's there. The first few dives I found myself reaching back there just to make sure it was still there.

;-0 I just broke my bulb.... My fault.. I dropped the light head on the concrete;-0

I should be getting a new one here in a couple of weeks.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom