Stealth bungee options

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

No, the bolt snap on the tank valve is just held in place by piece of cord and supports the tank out of water and acts as a safety if the bungee comes loose. I stretch the bungee around the value handle for standard values or around the post on left/right values. I tried the ring bungees and didn't like the way the tanks hung.

Just a note I have found the butt plates work best for steel tanks and the d-rings on the waist belt for AL80's.

You have to use a choker on the neck with this setup correct?

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

I also removed the rubber o-rings off the waist strap and this is what I use when I dive to dive AL80's and I use about 1/4 inch leash and 2 3/4 inch bolt snap for the bottom connection. I have used the square attachment points for AL80 and seem to work fine, just may remove the d-rings. Steel tanks get a longer bottom leash, larger 3 1/2 inch bolt snap and attach to the butt plate.

IMG_1591.jpg

Last edited:
Yeah that looks like a nice take on the old school loops. Please help me understand the purpose of the Quicklinks between the boltsnap and bungee. I will probably end up with a similar setup except my local shop sells this from dive rite. 356.jpgWhen you attach the upper backup boltsnap how tight is the paracord loop? One last question. I will mostly be diving lp85's and I had the best tank trim with the back fixed/bent d ring . Should I consider the butt plate then?

Care to share a pic of one of your steel tanks? I am wondering if I have my clamp too high up on the tank. I also have the paracord to the lower snap bolt as short as possible which makes it a PITA to get clipped in.

I also removed the rubber o-rings off the waist strap and this is what I use when I dive to dive AL80's and I use about 1/4 inch leash and 2 3/4 inch bolt snap for the bottom connection. I have used the square attachment points for AL80 and seem to work fine, just my remove the d-rings. Steel tanks get a longer bottom leash, larger 3 1/2 inch bolt snap and attach to the butt plate.

View attachment 153657

I like it! Very nice, much more stable than the rubber.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

Quick links are there to extend the length so make them easy to clip, you could replace them with a piece of bungee cord if you like. I have the bungee loop is under my arm pit and the bungee pulls that tank up flush with arm. Check out the Armadillo Manual on Golem site and shows the loops and how they should be positioned and also the position of the bottom clips. The paracord doesn't support the tanks in the water and just hangs loose, it more for the safety to catch the tanks in the bungee comes loose or the bungee breaks and when you out of the water. When I boat dive I leave the bungee loose and the tanks are supported by the top bolt snap and don't loop the bungee till I'm in the water descending.

I dive Worthington LP85 and use a butt plate, I think it would hard to get the bottles to trim out attached the the waist d-rings. Yes, I would recommend a butt plate for steel and waist d-rings for AL80's.

Remember there really isn't a right way and wrong way - just as long as it's safe and works for you.

Yeah that looks like a nice take on the old school loops. Please help me understand the purpose of the Quicklinks between the boltsnap and bungee. I will probably end up with a similar setup except my local shop sells this from dive rite. View attachment 153654When you attach the upper backup boltsnap how tight is the paracord loop? One last question. I will mostly be diving lp85's and I had the best tank trim with the back fixed/bent d ring . Should I consider the butt plate then?

---------- Post added May 1st, 2013 at 09:07 PM ----------

The position of the bottom bolts snap will be different for every diver, moving the bolt snap up and down the tank with affect your trim in the water. When you use steel tanks and clip to the butt plate I use 3 1/2 large bolt snaps and 1 1/2 to 2 inches of leash. The Worthington LP85 will stay negative and just getting the leash the right length to trim out the tank.

Care to share a pic of one of your steel tanks? I am wondering if I have my clamp too high up on the tank. I also have the paracord to the lower snap bolt as short as possible which makes it a PITA to get clipped in.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom