Stay Away from Ramada Inn in Key Largo

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Holding $800 over room and tax costs is not excessive, it should be criminal. There is no way on God's Green Earth that's "reasonable" by anyone's defintion.

Hell, a very high-end hotel I stayed at on Maui once didn't even do that, and there it might have been entirely within reason that I would have racked up that kind of "incidentals" charge.... at a Ramada in Key Largo? No chance.

Genesis:
Holding $800 over room and tax costs is not excessive, it should be criminal. There is no way on God's Green Earth that's "reasonable" by anyone's defintion.

:wink: You haven't seen my bar tabs... :wink:

Actually, I agree wholeheartedly. I think it was yet another "mistake" by this property...

The hold on the 2nd card was NOT corrected. Our bank has a process in place to have such holds released and when the manager called the bank he was told what the process was and gathered all the needed information from me. This manager apparently did not follow through with the bank's proceedure. My wife and I have never had this problem with any other hotel. It is a moot point since the money will be released early next week and we had money transferred into the account so we can take care of what we need to.

It still comes down to hotel personel not paying attention and now that an issue has been raised they are not returning phone calls or making an effort to correct the problem.

I have followed through, as I told the manager in a voicemail, by filing a complaint with Ramada corporate which must be answered in 7 days, making a notification here, telling my LDS owner who will probablylet other shops know what happened and I have filed a complaint with the Key Largo Chamber of Commerce.

People make mistakes, that is a fact of life and I do not have a problem with that. If this had been handled I would not have posted anything about it and may have even been favorable towards the property given their location. The part that caused me to post here and to follow up in other venues is the refusal by the hotel staff to make things right or even to return a phone call.

went to the Ramada in question...it was nice BUT the service sucked, the staff disinterested and if it was not the location being good for Horizon divers then I am sure it would have been a swap hotel thing.
The diving was ok the boat guys were good but not a great boat as the step off is big and the climb up high, but it was a good weekend inspite of these things.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom