Stay away from McAbee if you're worried about harassment by harbor seals!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

They literally wouldn't leave us alone. We had a whole dive plan set up, but the seals simply wouldn't let us execute. They were tremendously playful and one of them got a bit more frisky than Steve was expecting...
We were diving the same place on sunday, these harbor seals were like dogs, very curious, playful and friendly.
i am sure the seal was thinking : Why these 2 guys don't make bubbles.... what is this yellow box on his back ! :D
thanks for the video, it reminds me this magic dives, I was so disappointed that I left my camera in the car....

You must always, ALWAYS bring your camera :D

These kinds of encounters are one of the main reasons I got into diving. On one of my first dives, we had a young seal hang out with us for almost an hour while at Lovers. Only reason it wasn't longer was because WE needed to go. Otherwise it would have lasted as long as we wanted from what it looked like. I have video of this too.

We were diving the same place on sunday, these harbor seals were like dogs, very curious, playful and friendly.

I think we were setting up right next to you guys! The conditions were pretty amazing, weren't they?

yes, conditions were good.
It's actually a very nice place for a shore dive, we had to swimm far to find 70ft, but I had a lot of fun to play with the harbor seals.
Next time, I take the camera, I hope they will be so friendly again.
See you
Mickael

It was similar at Lobos yesterday: There were a ridiculous number of seals who followed us and buzzed by us on the surface swim out to Wormpatch. After we descended, they buzzed by us for a while, including one who seemed to the taste of my fins. Very cool!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom