Stay away from McAbee if you're worried about harassment by harbor seals!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Gombessa

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
They literally wouldn't leave us alone. We had a whole dive plan set up, but the seals simply wouldn't let us execute. They were tremendously playful and one of them got a bit more frisky than Steve was expecting...

[video=youtube;tbMF0g621s8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tbMF0g621s8[/video]

I guess to them, Steve looked like one big female "just asking" for it. :wink:

From their POV the divers were way more interesting than the kelp.

Perhaps if you stick strips of the "male" side of Velcro on the suits? Would change the texture of "cozy female" to "this doesn't feel so nice".

Looks like they were having fun to me :D... thanks for the vid.

Damn. Looks like this weekend would have been awesome to dive after all. And I thought this weekend would have been fine for taking a break. I love the seals.

What a pesky, playful pair! We dive a lot with seals, but they're rarely that interactive. They just use us for hunting aids (lights).

Perhaps if you stick strips of the "male" side of Velcro on the suits? Would change the texture of "cozy female" to "this doesn't feel so nice".

I think all that's do is force us to trudge up the beach at the end of a dive with an additional 200lb of flapping fur and fat stuck to our gear! :D

Always knew that Steve was a playa.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom