Status of the Scuba Mau boat sinking participants?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Elletek

Did you attempt to swim for shore? I figure half way is about 6 miles from shore and about 6 hours away.

She was not there.

Last edited:
BTW why did you delete Kev's comment from facebook?

Last edited by a moderator:
What makes you think she was there? If I remember right the only 2 females were Kevin's wife and a Mexican girl on her first dive with that shop.

Where did you get that information?

Here ya go I found it......

Cinco horas de terror :: www.quequi.com.mx :: Portada

Also, the luxury yacht "Ice" with Russian flag that is on vacation in Cozumel since December, was invited to participate in the search, because it has a small two-seater helicopter, being about 13:00 pm that was able to place first the castaways Kevin and Kathy Frelman Frelman, a Canadian, who by his advanced age does not wanted to swim.
Once located the couple shortened the search range and the intercepting of the Navy of Mexico was found alive at the remaining group of seven people and respond to the names of Jorge Luis Pino Nah, 34, boat captain, Gerardo Piña Chassin, 35, dive guide, and the Mexican national tourists Victoria Natalia Moreno Valdés, 25, Alejandro Haro Russek, 34, Curtis Clossin, 56, a native of the United States; Lukan Bouchard , 23, and her father Ben Bouchard, 48, the last two Canadian nationals. never lost hope

I guess this was wrong reporting 3 females......but Kathy is not Kevins wife.

Last edited:
Here ya go I found it......

Cinco horas de terror :: www.quequi.com.mx :: Portada

I guess there was 3 females......forgot about Lukan......is Elletek Lukan?
Elletek can't be Lukan, one is from Colorado and One from Canada.
WSPO, I've told you numerous times not to rely on free translations services and soley on news reports. Kathy as mentioned in the above article is not Kevin's wife. Even if the translation was correct, which I doubt, saying Kathy is his wife is not correct.

WSPO, I've told you numerous times not to rely on free translations services and soley on news reports. Kathy as mentioned in the above article is not Kevin's wife. Even if the translation was correct, which I doubt, saying Kathy is his wife is not correct.

As a matter of fact, that is the first time since any of the articles have been referred to that someone pointed out an error. One minor detail does not make the rest of the reporting false.

There were only two females on board, Kathy and Victoria. The Por Esto got many details wrong including mis-stating that Kathy was Kevins wife. Personally, I don't believe any of the survivors feel like dealing with the animosity shown here on the board and that's why you didn't hear any more from them.

In answer to your question, I believe everyone is doing very well considering, but that most are still processing all the events in their minds and are very, very focused on their families and their meaningful relationships. I am sure its going to take time and many of their friends (myself included) have advised them not to go on the board and read about the event and the various opinions posted, as a lot of it was very painful to read. I know, for fact, that many of you sent private heartfelt messages and I can tell you it was very much appreciated and so were your messages posted here of support.

Last edited by a moderator:
I rarely go on FB. No interest.

Just glad everyone is ok.

Sounds like a very difficult experience. To put it mildly.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom