Status Badge

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Walter:
How do I get rid of my badge and go back to my stars?
1. Unpin badge from vest
2. Drop badge next to tumbleweed
3. Put finger on anvil
4. Hit finger with hammer
5. See stars

See - there's always an easy solution!

Hey I missed your story about your four hour dive. How about starting a new thread in the Basic Scuba Discussion forum on that dive -- assuming its a tellable story.

I'm getting crusty Bubba - we're going to have to log some serious BT pretty soon.

Walter:
How do I get rid of my badge and go back to my stars?
You can go to Group Memberships and change badges - to Guru, Single, whatever...

I don't want to change badges, Don. I don't want any badge at all. One day I didn't have a badge, the next day I did. Pete told me how to switch badges, this one is less offensive than the other, so I did, but I'd much rather not have a badge at all. I can't figure out why one of the damned things suddenly appeared.

My 4 hour dive wasn't all that interesting, Mike. I found over 300 shark teeth, including a small meg. I'm surprised to have anybody asking for a story about that dive. Are you sure that's the dive you're interested in hearing about?

Walter, to drop the instructor badge here's what to do.

Go into your user control panel.
Select Group Memberships
Down near the bottom of the page, select the option to identify yourself with the Registered user group
Click Update Display Group

That will drop the Instructor badge and replace it with the old stars

Thanks Drew, but as you can see, that doesn't work. It merely changes from an ugly badge to an offensive ugly badge.

Hmmm... go figure. Worked for me.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom