Starting Friday, you must register with NOAA if...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Or what? They can go "fish". As long as I confine my fishing to RI waters I'm protected by the states constitution that protects our right to access and harvest the states waters. NOAA cn kiss my bass!

Chapter 379

2009 -- H 6226 AS AMENDED

Enacted 01/05/10

A N A C T

RELATING TO FISH AND WILDLIFE

Introduced By: Representatives Kilmartin, M Rice, Gallison, Naughton, and Malik

Date Introduced: May 28, 2009

It is enacted by the General Assembly as follows:

SECTION 1. Title 20 of the General Laws entitled "FISH AND WILDLIFE" is hereby

amended by adding thereto the following chapter:

CHAPTER 2.2

RECREATIONAL SALTWATER FISHING LICENSE

Chapter 09-379

Chapter 379

2009 -- H 6226 AS AMENDED

Enacted 01/05/10

A N A C T

RELATING TO FISH AND WILDLIFE

Introduced By: Representatives Kilmartin, M Rice, Gallison, Naughton, and Malik

Date Introduced: May 28, 2009

It is enacted by the General Assembly as follows:

SECTION 1. Title 20 of the General Laws entitled "FISH AND WILDLIFE" is hereby

amended by adding thereto the following chapter:

CHAPTER 2.2

RECREATIONAL SALTWATER FISHING LICENSE

Chapter 09-379

The governor said he will veto this if it even gets to him. It violates the state constitution. We don't have road side checks / road blocks here either because it violates the state constitution. I'm betting it never gets to the governor.

The governor said he will veto this if it even gets to him. It violates the state constitution. We don't have road side checks / road blocks here either because it violates the state constitution. I'm betting it never gets to the governor.

Too late:

1/5/2010 Assembly enacts saltwater fishing license over veto

Rhode Island General Assembly > Press Releases

ouch..

Maine, New Jersey and Hawaii are the only States left without saltwater licenses or registries of their own.

It won't stand a constitutional challenge. I'll still refuse to play. What better way to have standing for a challenge?

It won't stand a constitutional challenge. I'll still refuse to play. What better way to have standing for a challenge?

So when did they start paying attention to the constitutuion again???

So when did they start paying attention to the constitution again???

I'm talking our state RI constitution, and as I stated in an earlier post we don't have sobriety check points or random road side checks here in RI because the state constitution is respected more by the RI courts then the federal one is by federal courts.
I've seen the chairman of the judiciary committee tell a rep to stop submitting a bill to ban handguns in RI as it is unconstitutional. I'm not saying it happens 100% of the time and the RI Supreme Court has made some decisions IMO that were a stretch at least.
The only thing that will muddy the 'waters" are the intentions of saving the RI citizens a little money. The law can be construed to be a "benefit" to the citizenry. Benefit or not the constitutionality is the only thing that should be consisted. I'll opt out of this and take my lumps. After all wasn't it Hillary that said dissent is patriotic and we can dissent with any administration?
Isn't passive civil disobedience the hallmark of the American way? Maybe more should try it instead of hanging there like a fish waiting to be speared.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom