Starting down the DH rabbit hole

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well, of course! You should have been here yesterday. Schooling great white whale hammerhead sharks! (I bet their shipping is higher)

They have the swivel for about the same price so you could probably save on shipping too.

They have the swivel for about the same price so you could probably save on shipping too.
and thanks to all you enablers, by better half is going to be seriously displeased when she looks at the credit card bill! Between VDH and Piranha, my card might spontaneously combust!

I'm in the same boat. My orders were placed to VDH, Scuba musuem, and tools from Herman.

But it keeps me out of the bars...

Have fun.

It`s been a while since I looked at my double hose and I was mistaken. The splitter does not have an o-ring where it goes into the hookah port. I made it air tight with Teflon tape. I think that's OK because it only has to hold against app. 125 PSI. You may be able to put one in there but it would have to be a thin one. My o-ring supply is limited.
I'm in the same boat. My orders were placed to VDH, Scuba museum, and tools from Herman.

But it keeps me out of the bars...

Have fun.

However, sometimes the frustration is almost enough to drive you to a bar!

Well, I started tinkering originally on vintage metal single hose a while back because it was a cheap way to learn what I was doing.... ended up so satisfied with the gear (mostly Conshelf and SP MK5/108/109s) that I saw no need to buy any new-fangled plastic stuff. But it turned into a disease.... I have too much on the workbench, need to sell some to finance more, and the disease is progressing..... Ebay will be delivering a DA Aquamaster next week, produced in the Dehli factory according to the label.
So now, I need to figure out how to tackle this stage of the disease.... Seller listed it as having new hoses, non-returns, and duckbill. Original diaphragm and mouthpiece are claimed to be good. I cast no aspersions, I haven't even had it in hand yet, but my list of minimum parts so far is such:
Rebuild kit for 2 stage DH Store | Vintage Double Hose
Band Clamp Store | Vintage Double Hose
Silicone Diaphragm.... will this work without switching to HPR 2nd? Store | Vintage Double Hose

Wish list would include Phoenix or Cyclone and HPR from VDH... but my better half is not pleased already!

I don't see any video tutorials (like VDH did for the MK5, etc), but I did grab the manual and it doesn't seem to daunting... but I'm sure I'll be back for advice!

On a side note.... anyone in lower Alabama/Florida panhandle with DH experience? I would prefer to try the in water piece of this with a mentor on hand when the time comes!

Thanks in advance (and for all the info in old threads I've already used!)

James
Baffling- but am glad yr havin a good time k

It`s been a while since I looked at my double hose and I was mistaken. The splitter does not have an o-ring where it goes into the hookah port. I made it air tight with Teflon tape. I think that's OK because it only has to hold against app. 125 PSI. You may be able to put one in there but it would have to be a thin one. My o-ring supply is limited.

However, sometimes the frustration is almost enough to drive you to a bar!
That hookah port is supposed to seal metal-against-metal. There should be no need for the Teflon tape. It's based on the same design as the USD twin manifold, which also is metal-on-metal (brass) for the center section seals.

SeaRat

That hookah port is supposed to seal metal-against-metal. There should be no need for the Teflon tape. It's based on the same design as the USD twin manifold, which also is metal-on-metal (brass) for the center section seals.

SeaRat
Sounds like when mine gets here, I'll be tinkering to see what the best "improper" arrangement is! Depending on where the passages are drilled i. The splitter, a compression sleeve out of home depot's scuba aisle may work.

I used the Teflon tape because....why not! The original plug has a truncated metal cone inside that fits into a flared fitting on the body so I figured I`d error on the safe side. The splitter just kind of butts up against the body. Don`t think it`ll hurt any thing. As long as nothing tears loose and clogs up the octo or inflator hoses.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom