Starting Divemaster training this week...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

you will do better than fine!!

I am a little nervous, but I'm sure I will do fine.

Why are you nervous? There are a few things that I wouldn't consider easy per se, but it's nothing that any average person can't accomplish. You'll most likely learn a TON too. Here's my advice...from one DM to someone who will be one soon :wink::

1. Read the book and study the material you have to know.
2. Focus on what the instructors want you to do during your internship. Ask them ahead of time what their expectations are so you'll be prepared.
3. If you're worried about the physical requirements start practicing at the beginning.
4. Ask your instructor what their expectations are for drills and skills. Start practicing them now too.
5. Have fun!

Chris.... relax and just enjoy the program!!!

You will never view diving the same again... You will see and experience things you used to miss and sometimes you wish you did miss...

Start working out NOW... Swim, Swim, Swin... Work on breathing in the car, watching TV and like JOhn said, read the material and then re-read it...

And when you are done you will really have accomplished something special... and as John and Chrispete and the others can attest... The financial rewards are just outstanding...

Charlie

Wishing you the best of success. Very cool to advance in your training. I agree with the others, relax and really enjoy the process of learning and expanding your skills.

Ah, fresh slave labor! Like they said, listen to your instructor. Talk with him / her and find out exactly what their expectations are of you. You should have or be very close to demonstration quality skills. If you are not there yet, practice. Remeber to do each skill SLOWLY! You want the students to be able to see every nuance of the skill you are demonstrating.

Enjoy the ride, it will change your life in more ways than you can imagine.

And when you are done you will really have accomplished something special... and as John and Chrispete and the others can attest... The financial rewards are just outstanding...

Uhmm... Financial rewards? :rofl3:
I'd remember the first rule of diving and "Don't hold your breath!"

Uhmm... Financial rewards? :rofl3:
I'd remember the first rule of diving and "Don't hold your breath!"
:rofl3:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom