Starbucks' is Open in Cozumel!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OK, let's put it this way - what they serve in the US as coffee doesn't wake me up. Espresso (cafe solo) in Italy does.
:D

Mania

Stimulation is not the only reason I drink coffee. Some of us actually like the taste!
Have you tried espresso in the little shop in Rome? Do you know it's taste?

It has both and even more - stimulation, taste and smell - gee - heaven like one
Mania

edited by Mania

Personally, I find many of the coffee shops in Rome rather pedestrian (although you can still find good neighborhood shops off the beaten trail). In Naples and Sardinia and Sicily, now you're talking coffee...and with the classic anise biscotti like my great aunt and grandmother used to make...oh yeahhhhh.....

OK, let's put it this way - what they serve in the US as coffee doesn't wake me up. Espresso (cafe solo) in Italy does.

Mania

I have to admit...I've had some POTENT coffee in Italy :D

try the Midol Frappucino, perhaps...

Grandma Casciano's Anise Biscotti recipe:

1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup butter, softened
1 tablespoon anise seed
3 eggs
3 cups all-purpose flour
1 tablespoon baking powder
1/2 cup sliced almonds (roasted, unsalted)

Beat sugar and butter until well blended. Add anise seed and eggs; blend well. Stir in flour and baking powder; mix well. Stir in almonds (roast almonds first). Shape dough into two 10 x 1-inch rolls. Place rolls 4 inches apart on greased cookie sheet. Flatten each to 2-inch width. Bake at 350 degrees F for 20-30 minutes or until golden brown. Cool completely.

Cut diagonally into 1/2 inch slices. Arrange slices, cut side down, on ungreased cookie sheets. Bake at 350 degrees F for 6-10 minutes or until bottom begins to brown. Turn and bake for an additional 3-5 minutes or until crisp. Cool completely.

OK, folks.
Let's cut out the sniping and so forth.

This IS NOT a request.

I've had a bad day and have no compunction about handing out some vacations.

The Kraken

A ScubaBoard Staff Message...

Dear all - either you will all go back on the track - which is Starbucks and coffee or I will close this thread. No more personal innuendos please. No more talking about social class or anything like this.

Wow .. what happened here? ... am I in DIR?? :wink:

I have gotten some good ideas in this thread on what coffees to try out, thanks

Actually, now Aventine Hill is a very, very beautiful residential part of Rome; a mixture of ancient, "period" and modern architecture; very exclusive, although it's "semi-fictional" origins are noted as much more notorious by writers of "historical" novels and TV series...I am not descended from Titus Pullo either...hahaa

Back
Top Bottom