Standards - can I use a drysuit without a certification

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

my wife and I didn't do the class. We both had about 75 or so, mainly cold water dives (great lakes). When our Seaskins showed up, we borrowed a copy of the coursework from a buddy, completed all the reading/videos, and headed of to our local Scuba park. We worked through the exercises, and weighting, in shallow/confined water, with the help of an experienced diver. After a couple dives like that, we progressively went deeper as we gained comfort and familiarity. It wasn't much of an adjustment to be honest, but we dive regularly at home, and work on skills often.

My 2 psi..... If you're not a complete novice diver, and you are willing to do some learning on your own without someone holding your hand, it is totally doable. Take your time and find a mentor to help you out.
Thank you for your response I value other divers opinions and can learn a lot from individuals that have either taken the course or chose to do it themselves as well.👍

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom