Standard set up

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I put pockets on my wetsuit and have them on my drysuit. I have a spare mask in my left pocket and wet-notes and a finger spool in my right.

On my waist belt I have shears.

A backup light on my right shoulder clipped to my chest d-ring and held in place by a piece of bicycle inner tube.

Nothing that dangles.

_If_ my BCD had pockets, I'd keep a signal sausage, a spare folding knife or shears, a small light, my DAN card and mirror, and maybe a small slate. As it is, I plan to be in the market for a BCD with pockets real soon...

For me, it depends on how I'm diving.

Recreational non-teaching, daytime diving- I may carry a P&S camera, a surface marker buoy, cutting device, compass, maybe a noise maker & my fold- up snorkel, if I'm not currently using it. For night time diving I will also have the standard primary, secondary & tank marker lights.

Recreational diving OW Teaching- I will have my teaching slates, a noise maker, cutting device, a compass (if I am teaching that portion) & I'm wearing my snorkel :rolleyes:. Since 99.99999999999........% of my teaching is in a quarry, I wear a drysuit & will carry a spare mask in the spare pocket, along with an underwater notebook & pencil in the leg pockets.

Technical diving- I carry my canister light, back- up lights, any needed reels, SMB- if needed for the dive, 3 cutting devices, both directional & non- directional line markers, underwater notebook & pencil. In my drysuit pocket, I will carry a spare mask.

I try to take along the tools I will need for that particular dive with some stuff for any contingencies & not much else. I don't like a lot of stuff hanging off me. It only creates more problems than it solves.

Last edited:
Like others, I keep my stuff in my pockets - except a toss-away knife on my waist strap in the center where I can reach it easily with either hand.

In the pockets; Wet notes, shears, spare mask, spare double-ender (I've been surprised how often I've used this since I added it a couple years ago) back-up bottom timer, safety sausage and spool.

I keep a 100# bag rolled up at the base of my plate, and I sometimes carry a reel on my butt or left D ring. Canister light on waist strap at right secured with metal belt clamp, and two back-up lights - one clipped on each shoulder strap D-ring secured with tire tube.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom