Standard MOD

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

18/45 = 190
21/35 = 150
30/30 = 100 (some mark this 120, but since 120 is a deco gas...)
50/0 = 70

Maybe for you but for me
21/35 = 190
18/45 = 220

I don't actually use them that deep, but using 21/35 at 160 won't kill you and neither will 18/45 at 210. (if the wreck happens to be a little deeper than you though for instance). Yes you'll be a little loopier than ideal, no its not a death sentence.

btw 15/55 is either 270 or 300 to me. I'd prefer 270 but it looks alot like 70 when the hose straps are wide. In either case I doubt I'd actually use it deeper than 250-260 where I'd be switching to 12/65.

The only gas I use right up to its marked MOD is 32% (100ft). I so rarely use 30/30 its not really on my radar screen. I'd prefer to mark it 120 and only use it to ~110 or so.

Or the wreck is at 225 and your cert card says you are only good to 200 :D (just theoretically. I have this "friend" you see ....)

I have this compressor you see...

Ding.

Apart from all the cave issues this is the one that really applies to OW/wreck/charter diving.

It pisses me off the AndrewG (& crew) is creating a whole generation of lazy "DIR" divers who are too cheap and shortsighted to recognize that AL80s get swapped around just like regs and having unmarked bottom stages is akin to green hosed O2 regs, yellow hosed nitrox regs, and black hosed bottom gas regs and other such nonsense.

His point holds water that, for example, a bottle marked "190" is ambiguous. Is it a 18/45 stage bottle or a 21/35 deco bottle? You don't know without reading the mix contents, and could still get the wrong bottle handed to you on a charter.

That said, I keep mine labeled.

His point holds water that, for example, a bottle marked "190" is ambiguous. Is it a 18/45 stage bottle or a 21/35 deco bottle? You don't know without reading the mix contents, and could still get the wrong bottle handed to you on a charter.

That said, I keep mine labeled.

Ok, so my point wasn't so crazy. So...why not label them with little 1" 'DECO' labels? I guess the inspection label up top has the true contents, but if the point is that on the surface you've verified the MOD label against the inspection label, then shouldn't the MOD label contain all the info you need?

Nevermind that I'm arguing way above my pay grade here ;-)

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom