Stages

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Craigs rule #2: Equipment, no mater how expensive, is replaceable. My health may not be depending on what the situation is. (Rule #1 is "Always look cool")

If droping a given piece of equipment will increase my chances to get out of the water safely in an emergency, it's gone. That simple.

Any piece of equipment I'm not willing to drop with no regrets in an emergency doesn't go in the water with me in the first place.

I strongly agree with the neutral bouyancy without sling tanks group.

I'll sometimes add about 1 pound of ditchable weight along with each AL40 I put on to account for the "floaty" AL characteristics at the end of a dive. If needed, I could ditch it along with the bottle.

I thought about straping a pound of lead to the bottom of each of the AL 40s I have but decided against it as it might possibly contribute to an entaglement situation.

Using steel sling bottles would cause me bouyancy issues that I don't see a justifiable enough reason for.

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom